IGNORED

2016 Toyota Tacoma

BHC

I have since 1995 owned three Tacomas and I have to say they are my favorite truck, and I have owned a few other makes and models, my current truck is a 2010 Toyota Tundra Crew Max, with 44,000 miles. I have been thinking for sometime now about going back to a Tacoma, it will be a the Double Cab with the Long Bed (6') with TRD.

Wondering if anyone has taken the new version for a test drive, and if so how do you like it? 

I have.i loved everything about it but the size.I just can't commit to a smaller truck but if that's what your after the new Tacoma is the way to go.The other thing that has kept me out of a Toyota is my closest dealers inability to deal.i got into a gmc that was 15,000 more then the Toyota I was looking at for over 100 less a month.I lease my trucks so it just proved how much the Toyota dealer was trying to rip me off.

I also love this design. It is brand new though I would wait for a 2017 just to make sure all the bugs are worked out. The truck is super nice and is loaded with awesome features. I have a 2012 tacoma now and it isn't half the truck this one is. I am desappointed they got rid of the idea of a diesel offering

Waiting one more year has also crossed my mind, since they did replace the engine

.I lease my trucks so it just proved how much the Toyota dealer was trying to rip me off.

I was a on a Tacoma forum, and they even said Toyota delaers won't budge on certain models.....I will admit my Tundra I got a great deal

Toyota doesn't have to budge.  Demand is huge and supply is low.  Even the used market has ridiculous prices.  When I was looking a year ago, the dealer told me that they keep stock intentionally low because there is only one factory that makes both Tacomas and Tundras and they only make one model at a time. 

Just look at some of the pricing here: http://carsforsale.motortrend.com/used_cars/52/new-jersey/toyota/tacoma/

Nothing wrong with the Tacomas, but you can get a much more truck for the price.  On top of that, the newer 1/2 tons get the same/similar fuel mileage (I don't know what the 2016 Tacoma ratings are).  Even the GMC/Chevy midsize trucks are priced pretty high (especially the GMC - the salesman told me to not even bother buying one and wait until GMC came to their senses and lowered the price).

- Mack

The most sought after vehicles are trucks.  It's absurd how much they cost and they look more like luxury SUVs than trucks.  You won't find any negotiating room from any truck manufacturer.  I've been looking to replace my 1999 Dodge Dakota, which I love, but buying a RAM 1500 with similar features pushes the cost up near $50K.  The cost difference between buying and leasing is about $50, so there's no incentive.  Even if I put $5K into my aging Dakota each year for repairs, it's still cheaper than a new car payment.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

The most sought after vehicles are trucks.  It's absurd how much they cost and they look more like luxury SUVs than trucks.  You won't find any negotiating room from any truck manufacturer.  I've been looking to replace my 1999 Dodge Dakota, which I love, but buying a RAM 1500 with similar features pushes the cost up near $50K.  The cost difference between buying and leasing is about $50, so there's no incentive.  Even if I put $5K into my aging Dakota each year for repairs, it's still cheaper than a new car payment.

I hear you on keeping the old truck. I have a 2000 Tahoe, and I have been lucky that major repairs are still every few years. A big repair hurts but is still cheaper than a payment.

I remember a few years back when I bought my new tundra, I fought tooth and nail with the salesguy over the price of a pick-up. I kept telling him it's a friggin pick-up? His thing was that someone will buy it at this price, the demand is that high. 

I now have a rust bucket f-350 with the 7.3 in it and no car payment, i love it!

Paul M. Ross

REALTOR

Coldwell Banker Sales Associate

908-943-8842

PAUL THE PAINTER

INTERIOR PAINTING

HUNTERDON/WARREN COUNTIES

908-943-8842

It's crazy how much they are going for these days. I was looking at them but got sticker shock. I ended up keeping the 7.3 crew cab for work and got a jeep 4 door unlimited for playing around. They are just as expensive but was sick and tired trying to park the old f

parking is not fun, spots are too small

Paul M. Ross

REALTOR

Coldwell Banker Sales Associate

908-943-8842

PAUL THE PAINTER

INTERIOR PAINTING

HUNTERDON/WARREN COUNTIES

908-943-8842

I just brought a 2016 tundra crewmax platinum and love it don't think I could downgrade to a smaller truck again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edited by Bowhunter444

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

I bought a used 2014 RAM 1500 crew cab in January - 10,000 miles.  I was looking for about 3 months.  In general, here is what I found:

Mid sizes are priced the same as half tons and get the same fuel mileage.  Unless you have a real specific need, go for the full size.

Beyond that, you are going to get screwed either way on price unless you get a contractor grade with vinyl floors and crank windows.  Everything else is preference and/or related to your budget.

My truck is stripped on the inside (cloth, bench seat front, solid bench seat in the rear, no sliding window, no rear defroster, etc. and it still cost a pretty penny.  BUT, it is the blackout edition and is probably the sexiest thing I own (lol - I've waited a long time for a nice vehicle - saved my pennies!):

WP_20150111_002.jpg

- Mack