IGNORED

11/9 Pheasant hunt!!

GhostBear

Well? I went out to whittingham for a pheasant hunt today, all I have is Monday's to hunt them since I work Saturdays, my only days off are Sunday and Monday. We got got a late start getting there around 10:30 or so, as I got the dog geared up for the day, it was kind of cool, but warming up fast, as we hit the first strip in the first field, I heard bird cackling, I headed over to it sending the dog out ahead of me, but to no avail, it gave us the slip, as we pushed on in that strip Attila locks up on point but just a bit to far, as the bird flushed it was just out of range, shortly after that he locks again and another hen flushes and I flatten it, so one in the bag in just minutes, as we continue on, another guy with 2 labs push the same strip I'm in and head toward us, a hen breaks cover to far for either of us to shoot, he hunt around a bit but turn up nothing, so I packed up and headed to another part of whittingham, once there we get into some more birds, I miss a hen in a hedge row then a rooster flushes seconds after that but I don't see it, as we head around a wet area I jump a woodcock, then as we hunt along Attila locks and another rooster flushes but gave no shot, very shortly after that he points a hen that give me a shot and flatten my second bird.

All told, Attila and I found 9 pheasant and one woodcock. I'd say that was a great day!!!!

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

sat we had a good day with birds running like no tomorrow and birds flying like they was jets good day. I went out this afternoon for an hour hunt grabbed the dog and gun jumped in the truck as I saw my orange in there get to the woods and guess what no shells LOL well there is tomorrow morning before catchin critters LOL

Edited by redneck

ACP WILDLIFE CONTROL SERVICES AND ACP REDNECKS PRIDE

referral-0076111001448070575.jpg

Bird hunted with my son yesterday. Club left me 2 birds to stock and my son saw a cock bird run into the brush as we were driving to the spot we wanted to hunt. Dog found the leftover and then we stocked the 2 birds and got them both. Great morning hunting with my son.

One time years ago, went bird hunting and left my license home!!!! At the time I lived in Kearny it was about an hour from where I hunted.!!!! Lol so I played guide for my buddy!!

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Seems like a good day for you :up:

Something I have always been hesitant to try.

I don't do well at hitting moving targets.

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

Seems like a good day for you :up:

Something I have always been hesitant to try.

I don't do well at hitting moving targets.

Seems like a good day for you :up:Something I have always been hesitant to try.I don't do well at hitting moving targets.

don't worry, I can't hit them either, if I could I would've been done in 5 minutes!!lol