IGNORED

Hunter Decency

elusive

Hunting is supposed to be fun and enjoyable, when you spend time and money on securing your gear because worthless pieces of $&@? cannot leave what is not theirs alone, the fun and enjoyment are no longer there.

Having to worry day to day if your stuff is being stolen falls into that category.

I see now why anti's become anti's.

#bearcult

Hunting is supposed to be fun and enjoyable, when you spend time and money on securing your gear because worthless pieces of $&@? cannot leave what is not theirs alone, the fun and enjoyment are no longer there.

Having to worry day to day if your stuff is being stolen falls into that category.

I see now why anti's become anti's.

Ya know, I'm beginning to see that there is a huge difference between being anti-hunting, and an anti-hunter... hunting is great but people suck. 

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I'd appreciate the help but I'd have to walk in with you to show you where they are, and right now, I have a hard time walking to the bathroom. I have 3 brothers that could help me, but I can't show them either so, just have to wait and hope I don't lose more than half my gear.

Not a problem. Figured I would extend the offer. Hopefully you feel better soon and can grab your stuff!

I'm worried about that too. I have a few stands and two cams on public land that I usually pull by now but I can't get in the woods to do it. I ended up with a sports hernia/torn groin and doc put on the couch until December 2nd. I expect my stuff will be gone by then. Usually when they come in to cut drive lines, they help themselves to other hunters gear.

If you are near central NJ and need a hand pulling your gear, send me a pm. I will help you out if I can

www.liftxrentals.com

You have to love the tough guy mentality, he is probably a "Housewives of NJ" fan...

You are in your treestand minding your own business and this clown has the nerve to flip you off!!!!!!.. gotta tell you, I would not have been the better person.. So tired of this mentality some people have... Self absorbed, insecure and feel entitled.... The funny thing is if you had confronted him and whipped his A#@, he would probably sue you and press charges..... 

Yeah, I get it, the better person turns his cheek.....THIS is exactly what that type rely on. They get to do this crap without fear of reprisal.. Very sad...

Edited by BowTechExperience

You have to love the tough guy mentality, he is probably a "Housewives of NJ" fan...

You are in your treestand minding your own business and this clown has the nerve to flip you off!!!!!!.. gotta tell you, I would not have been the better person.. So tired of this mentality some people have... Self absorbed, insecure and feel entitled.... The funny thing is if you had confronted him and whipped his A#@, he would probably sue you and press charges..... 

Yeah, I get it, the better person turns his cheek.....THIS is exactly what that type rely no. They get to do this crap without fear of reprisal.. Very sad...

Very sad and very true.

After reaching out to, and speaking with, some of the various trail cam makers it is obvious my only recourse is to either put them "out of reach" or only have them out prior to the season starting as they do not make cameras with internal memory anymore.

My first cam was a Wildgame Innovations one that had internal as well as an SD card slot but now they all function with an SD card only.

#bearcult

Yeah, the only other option is the remote base station type camera setups where the trailcams remotely transfer the pics to a hidden base station elsewhere (usually within 100 yards).

Or to go with a cellular option.

But they are pricey, so there is a cost for that benefit for sure.

Only thing I would have to worry about then is them destroying the cam or stealing it because they could not access the pics.

#bearcult

Right but theoretically, you should have pictures of them doing that, which are stored either on a remote/hidden base far away from the cam or sent to you via a cell tower.

Granted they could go in with ski masks to do the damage.

It is true, locking a cam might cause more harm to the cam than good.

Fine line between trying to keep people honest and provoking destruction out of fear of trespassing charges.

Seems like destruction is far more likely on private land due to the latter reaction above.