• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Hunter Decency

54 replies to this topic

#41 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 11/17/15 - 10:56 AM

Yeah, the only other option is the remote base station type camera setups where the trailcams remotely transfer the pics to a hidden base station elsewhere (usually within 100 yards).

Or to go with a cellular option.

But they are pricey, so there is a cost for that benefit for sure.

#42 Male OFFLINE   Thrudheim

Thrudheim

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11/17/15 - 12:14 PM

Yeah, the only other option is the remote base station type camera setups where the trailcams remotely transfer the pics to a hidden base station elsewhere (usually within 100 yards).

Or to go with a cellular option.

But they are pricey, so there is a cost for that benefit for sure.

Only thing I would have to worry about then is them destroying the cam or stealing it because they could not access the pics.

#bearcult

#43 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 11/17/15 - 12:23 PM

Right but theoretically, you should have pictures of them doing that, which are stored either on a remote/hidden base far away from the cam or sent to you via a cell tower.

Granted they could go in with ski masks to do the damage.

It is true, locking a cam might cause more harm to the cam than good.

Fine line between trying to keep people honest and provoking destruction out of fear of trespassing charges.

Seems like destruction is far more likely on private land due to the latter reaction above.

#44 Male OFFLINE   Thrudheim

Thrudheim

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11/17/15 - 12:27 PM

It is true, locking a cam might cause more harm to the cam than good.

They only take the cards, the cams are cable locked to the tree and a lock on the outer door, they are using my cams to scout for six day.

#bearcult

#45 Male OFFLINE   outdoorslife

outdoorslife

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 11/17/15 - 12:52 PM

The nerve of some people! 

With so many theft posts....Has anyone on here successfully used a cell cam and caught the d-nozzle(s) in the act of trying to steal it or damage it? Id love to hear more stories of these guys getting caught!

#46 Male OFFLINE   Haskell_Hunter

Haskell_Hunter

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 11/17/15 - 12:52 PM

Put a sign over the cams that reads: "Smile, your photo is being taken by another cam in the woods that sends the picture to my phone. Even if you find that cam, I'll already have your mug to share with the cops. Have a nice day!"

US citizens have constitutionally protected rights - but they're only paper protections if they can't be freely exercised.

--BBC News

The right to revolt has sources deep in our history.

-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

Ideas are indeed the most dangerous weapons in the world. Our ideas of freedom are the most powerful political weapons man has ever forged.

-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

#47 Male OFFLINE   DV1

DV1

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 11/17/15 - 12:53 PM

If you are near central NJ and need a hand pulling your gear, send me a pm. I will help you out if I can

Lots of nice offers guys and I appreciate it but I'm south, Salem County, and they are in the woods a ways, not on obvious trails and hard to get to. I cannot walk in and show you where they are to help me but I appreciate the offers. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

#48 Male OFFLINE   outdoorslife

outdoorslife

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 11/17/15 - 12:54 PM

They only take the cards, the cams are cable locked to the tree and a lock on the outer door, they are using my cams to scout for six day.

You definitely know its other hunters at that point which makes it so much worse

#49 Male OFFLINE   Thrudheim

Thrudheim

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11/17/15 - 02:05 PM

You definitely know its other hunters at that point which makes it so much worse

It happened 2x last year, once in September and again in December and this recent one, prior to that no one ever touched my stuff. I have been living here six years now and the only people ever to come through is the gun club that drives it during six day but I knew that from what the previous homeowner told me.

I *THINK* I know who it is/was and was told he is a part of the club and found out his gf threw him out about a month or so ago so I figured since no one messed with my stuff prior to that I would be ok. I got home Friday and went out back and that's when I found it.

I was sitting in my kitchen the last day of six day last year listening to the radio to the guys driving trying to figure out where they were. I asked if they were the dou!@#$%^& messing with my stuff, one guy gets on and starts in with the " I'm an ethical hunter yada yada" and "We live in town..." so I told him I don't care of he lives in town and that I live *HERE* and the only time people have messed with my stuff is now so leave my s@#$ alone.

During turkey last year I was walking around and found a guys hang on and camera about a half mile from where I set up, know what I did? I left it alone, how the f!@# about that.

Other "hunters" who are thieves are the worst scum there are.

Edited by Thrudheim, 11/17/15 - 02:05 PM.

#bearcult

#50 Male OFFLINE   Thrudheim

Thrudheim

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11/17/15 - 02:10 PM

The nerve of some people! 

With so many theft posts....Has anyone on here successfully used a cell cam and caught the d-nozzle(s) in the act of trying to steal it or damage it? Id love to hear more stories of these guys getting caught!

On the "other" site one of the guys did, IIRC he left a picture of the guy where the cam was and told him his choices...

The stuff was returned.

#bearcult

#51 Male OFFLINE   Jerseybassnbow

Jerseybassnbow

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 11/17/15 - 04:31 PM

You were in my spot!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Any Man Who Thinks He Can Be Happy and Prosperous By Letting the Government Take Care of Him Better Take A Closer Look at The American Indian! - Henry Ford

MOLON LABE

#52 Male OFFLINE   Zipper

Zipper

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 12/06/15 - 09:48 PM

That guy is lucky to be walking out of the woods under his own power. You never know who you're screwing with. Could be a guy like Walt Kowalski in the movie Gran Torino. Gotta love Clint Eastwood.

Edited by Zipper, 12/06/15 - 09:49 PM.

#53 Male OFFLINE   Katera68

Katera68

Fawn

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12/07/15 - 09:18 AM

Hope all gets settled for you, I agree why can't people be respectful of others?

#54 Male OFFLINE   Zipper

Zipper

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 12/07/15 - 10:04 AM

Sportsman of the Year .

#55 Male OFFLINE   Slayer1962

Slayer1962

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members