• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

8th of November Check-in

17 replies to this topic

#1 Male OFFLINE   Matty

Matty

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 11/08/15 - 10:42 AM

Good luck to everyone that's already out there and to those headed out this afternoon!

I won't be out again today, some projects that required immediate attention are taking longer than expected.

I predict at least one nice buck kill posted on this check-in though. So don't let me down.

:up:

If you're too busy to hunt....You're too busy!

- Sent from my Alexander Graham Bell Hand Crank Model Mar101876 Phone

#2 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,232 posts

Posted 11/08/15 - 01:25 PM

Anyone out this afternoon? Just got on stand a bit ago. Two yearlings came through. Squirrels are super active.

#3 Male OFFLINE   FLEWTHECOUPE

FLEWTHECOUPE

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 11/08/15 - 01:44 PM

Just got settled.

Getting sun burn on left side of my face. Wth

#4 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,232 posts

Posted 11/08/15 - 01:51 PM

Lol sun is about to clear shade cover for me. I'll be baking for like an hour.

#5 Male OFFLINE   Thunderhawk

Thunderhawk

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 11/08/15 - 02:26 PM

Sitting an acorn flat that has been curiously quiet this year..... Just a hunch.....we'll see.

#6 Male OFFLINE   DV1

DV1

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 11/08/15 - 02:54 PM

Had a good spot I've been waiting to get to. Wind is right, weather cool enough finally, so I headed out. Saw a big body heading towards a bend in the trail while walking in at 12:45 pm and sprinted up to see if I could catch a glimpse of him when he crossed. Bad decision with boots and a backpack, lol. 

Torn groin, or maybe sports hernia, will have to see Doc to be sure. Limped back to the truck in pain, at home now with a bag of frozen peas in the crease of my leg. Due for another shoulder surgery after Christmas, now this. If I was a horse you'd have to shoot me. LOL. Guess I have to stop acting like I'm only 40.  :)

Good luck to everyone else getting out, the weather is finally good for it, bucks are on the move too.

Edited by DV1, 11/08/15 - 02:55 PM.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

#7 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,232 posts

Posted 11/08/15 - 02:56 PM

Oh man Doug that sucks! Hope things work out at the doc tomorrow!

#8 Male OFFLINE   DV1

DV1

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 11/08/15 - 03:33 PM

Oh man Doug that sucks! Hope things work out at the doc tomorrow!

Yeah, me too. I torn my groin pretty badly a few years ago at work. Was only out of work for a week but it should have been longer, I just didn't want to sit home. Took about 9 months to get back to normal. I have hunted a lot this year so if I'm done, it's not like I didn't get in my share. 

Edited by DV1, 11/08/15 - 03:33 PM.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

#9 Male ONLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Dominant Buck

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 11/08/15 - 04:00 PM

Had a good spot I've been waiting to get to. Wind is right, weather cool enough finally, so I headed out. Saw a big body heading towards a bend in the trail while walking in at 12:45 pm and sprinted up to see if I could catch a glimpse of him when he crossed. Bad decision with boots and a backpack, lol. 

Torn groin, or maybe sports hernia, will have to see Doc to be sure. Limped back to the truck in pain, at home now with a bag of frozen peas in the crease of my leg. Due for another shoulder surgery after Christmas, now this. If I was a horse you'd have to shoot me. LOL. Guess I have to stop acting like I'm only 40.  :)

Oh man, that stinks.  Hope you're back on your feet soon.  

I hear you about acting like we're 40, it's a hard lesson to learn.   

#10 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,232 posts

Posted 11/08/15 - 04:01 PM

Still nothing moving here. Just squirrels.

#11 Male OFFLINE   Tarhunt

Tarhunt

9 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 11/08/15 - 04:15 PM

I went out at 5:30am this morning and while walking to my stand, I almost walked right into a deer. I have no idea if it was a buck or doe. Pretty funny. Never saw a deer when it became light. It figures.

Proud father of an United States Marine.

#12 OFFLINE   10pt

10pt

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 11/08/15 - 04:18 PM

Killed a nice 9 point this morning. I'll try to post a pic later
  • Like x 2
  • List

#13 Male ONLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Dominant Buck

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 11/08/15 - 04:35 PM

Killed a nice 9 point this morning. I'll try to post a pic later

That's great, congratulations!   :up:

#14 OFFLINE   _X7

_X7

7 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 11/08/15 - 05:47 PM

Went and checked out a local WMA a friend told me of this afternoon. Looked promising from the road. I came to see not one rub, scrape, track, or dropping. It must be true about what they said about the apple barons shooting off all the deer in that area.

#15 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,232 posts

Posted 11/08/15 - 07:04 PM

Had a doe come in last 30 min of light and that prompted a nearby buck to get out of his bed...just a Y buck, he nudged her around and off they went.  That was it for me.

#16 OFFLINE   LittleM

LittleM

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11/08/15 - 07:23 PM

My view tonight:

C1_zpsgi9nawwy.jpg

All the deer I saw came into this corner and then proceeded to walk right in front of me:

C2_zps9rnixcmi.jpg

I got in the stand at 2.  Half hour later, I watched the land owner proceed to pick corn till about 4:30 when I climbed down and asked if he was gonna pick till dark.  He laughed and left the field for me.  Not a few minutes later, the deer were up and entering the field.  Closest nicest was a wide but thin (no mass) six.  They all got a pass tonight.   One thing is for sure - there is going to be some deer killed out of this stand come late season ............

#17 Female ONLINE   Ms Grit

Ms Grit

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 11/08/15 - 08:20 PM

It's been a crazy week-end and my cell phone doesn't seem to want to hold a charge for very long.  Been peeking on here, but haven't posted.  Bear baited today and got home at 2:45.  Wasn't gonna hunt this afternoon, had house chores to do, but I grabbed my stuff and went anyway.  Kicked up a deer going in. No sooner than I took 2 steps after climbing down I heard something running through the leaves and I nearly hit, not 1, not 2, but THREE deer on my way home. I love this time of the year :) 

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

#18 Male OFFLINE   FLEWTHECOUPE

FLEWTHECOUPE

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 11/08/15 - 08:47 PM