IGNORED

Coywolves are Super Predators

Rusty

Interesting article about the Eastern Coyote.

According to researchers their DNA is 65% Coyote, 25% wolf, and 10% domestic dog.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/field-notes/coywolves-emerge-as-super-predators

It appears that the coywolf inherited the best traits from all three lineages. The incredible adaptability of the Western coyote, coupled with the large size and strong jaw muscles of wolves, enable the coywolf to be an extremely effective deer predator. Likewise, researchers believe that the inclusion of dog DNA has enabled the coywolf to be more comfortable in urban settings than wolves or coyotes normally would. Known coywolf populations exist in several Northeastern metropolitan areas, including Boston and New York City.   

not  buying into that theory yet...  I shot a coyote in Hacklebarny SP a couple years back and im sure it was 100% coyote.. Observed a bunch more while out and about and there wasnt anything about them that would make me think they were anything other than 100% coyote.. Oh i like everyone else around here have heard of the 80 or 90 lb fanged beasts roaming the woods along side a mountain lion but, i havent seen not one trail cam pic of a coywolf.. notta one...

More proof needed

:D