IGNORED

Anyone Seasonal camp?

Scrubby rack buck

My parents, aunts & uncles have a family campground in Dorrance, PA with about a dozen permanent campers all arranged in a horseshoe around a pavilion.  There's a running stream through the property and plenty of woods.  During hunting season, several family members utilize the property and I did help my dad pull his last buck off the property, but I have never hunted it myself. With the size of my mom's family, our little get togethers are never less than about 50 people, so the campground becomes the "Place" for all family related activities.

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in Bear Creek in Walpack. I've been there about 18 years or so. Middle of nowhere, thousand of public acres for hunting. Delaware and Flatbrook for fishing. Rates are $1850/year, but all we have is a pool for amenities. Which is just how I like it.

I'm in Bear Creek in Walpack. I've been there about 18 years or so. Middle of nowhere, thousand of public acres for hunting. Delaware and Flatbrook for fishing. Rates are $1850/year, but all we have is a pool for amenities. Which is just how I like it.

could you tell me more about this? what exactly do you pay 1850 a year for. is it just a lot? wooded? could i do the same and just bring up my tent when i want to stay? sounds interesting especially with the public hunting acres. i always wanted to spend a a few days in a tent and just hunt and fish. thanks