IGNORED

Youth Pheasant Hunt Success - Flatbrook

buckfever1974

I just wanted to post these few pics up there from this past Saturday morning. There weren't as many birds out where we were this year as there were last year but the one bird she did get, she nailed in the air and was one of those Outdoor Life Magazine picturesque moments. I, being the bird dog, in our group was sent into the thick field while my daughter walked the edge. We approached a very large bush along the edge of the field and I proceeded to try and walk through it. Two steps in, the morning errupted in a flurry of loud cackling and wing beating. Three cockbirds went up all at the same time and in the split second I thought ...oh please let something fall. She dropped one of them solid on her first shot of the year. If you were in the area, you knew it because of the hooting and hollaring. There was probably a 10 minute celebration where we just admired the bird, the shot and the morning in general. It was the only one we got because for the first hour she was stalking bushes like there was a 10 pointer in every one and she was armed with a bow but we had a great time.

photo (57).jpg

photo (58).jpg

photo (59).jpg