IGNORED

Rut

Almaink

So it's now November and I've yet to see a single scrape in any of the places they have been showing up for the last 30 years. I also haven't seen but one small spike buck although I have seen a few rubs in the last week on real big trees. The woods are full of acorns more than I've ever seen before, so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the lack of rut sign in the usual places? 

I am seeing the same thing in zone 6 northern New Jersey. I've taken long power walks around both of my setups in an attempt to find rubs and scrape with the intention of moving to get in on the action. So far I've found nothing. I'm hunting areas that I've killed deer in before. These are not new setups. The only thing different this year is the mast crop.

Zone 8, I'm not seeing anything happen. Same 3 players.

Zone 7, 3 new bucks in the last week on my cameras but no chasing that I've seen.

Zone 6, 1 new buck, several does hanging around and 2 new bears on my cameras

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

The field edge scrapes showed up 2 weeks ago and went dry. It seems like all the action is in the woods right now. The does are so close to going into heat right now. I saw my first sighting of a doe pinned down out in a wide open bean field last night. They were out there for two hours.

I hunt zone 6 and I have video of bucks chasing. I also have little sign just starting to see scraps pop up but no rubs as all. The buck I shot Saturday was deff looking for love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If guns are outlawed then only outlaws will have guns"

Not being able to get where I need to I'm not seeing a whole lot. I did come across a new rub right alongside an old rub with a scrape nearby. Its one of those king of the hill spots I should have never challenged.....