IGNORED

Venison Stoup

Kilbo

Venison Stoup..Too thick for soup and too thin for stew.

2 lbs venison burger ( You can use 1 lb but I like more meat )

1 large can of tomato sauce

1 large can crushed or diced tomatoes

1 large can of dark red kidney beans

1 small can of dark red kidney beans..... I like kidney beans :rofl:

2 cans mixed vegetables

1 can french cut green beans

1 package of frozen peas

2 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can cream style corn

1 can of brown gravy

4 bouillon cubes

4 bay leaves

Minced garlic ( as much as you like...I use half of a small jar)

Brown venison,drain and put in a large chilli pot. Add all remaining ingredients to the pot with the juice from all the cans. I usually add some seasoning also like onion powder and montreal steak seasoning. Add seasonings to your liking. Stir everything together and slow cook for at least an hour. How much longer you cook it depends on how long you can stand not wanting to eat it.:) I find it to be even better the next day after it has sat for a while in the frig. Enjoy

Aim Small Miss Small..........No such thing as a bad day spent hunting.

I forgot to add that I like this a little on the thicker side so I'll take about a bowl of the juice from the pot and whisk some cornstarch into it then return it to the pot to thicken it up. If anyone tries this recipe let me know what you thought of it and any changes you would do because I'm always open to ideas on how to make recipes better. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to add that I like this a little on the thicker side so I'll take about a bowl of the juice from the pot and whisk some cornstarch into it then return it to the pot to thicken it up. If anyone tries this recipe let me know what you thought of it and any changes you would do because I'm always open to ideas on how to make recipes better. Thanks

I think one way to make it better would be to use fresh veggies instead of canned, cooking should be a passion and fun, not quick. JMO.

I think one way to make it better would be to use fresh veggies instead of canned, cooking should be a passion and fun, not quick. JMO

I agree and do like using fresh ingredients but when I found this recipe it called for canned because you get the juices from all the cans added to the stoup. I never tried it with fresh veggies so I may have to try it. I am also very passionate about my cooking since I do most of the cooking for my family and enjoy doing it. It also makes my wife happy that she doesn't have to do it. :rofl: Thanks for the suggestion.