IGNORED

Tracking Help List - Who's Available and Locations

Ms Grit

Guys go meet some of the dog trackers and their great dogs at the wildlife expo on September 9th and 10th at Colliers Mill. Throw a few bucks in their donation jar while your there also. I stop by just to throw a donation in each year despite not needing their service. It was great to meet Paul and Darren a few years back. Great guys with great results. Just make sure you are honest about your shot when you contact them. 

Salem, Gloucester maybe Cumberland.  I don't know why I'm responding to this thread nobody ever PM's for help.  How's a guy suppose to get new spots around here?!

Edited by B B

Be very careful with regard to helping people track deer on property you don't know. It happened to me while helping a friends family member. He swore he had permission to be where we were. The landowner disagreed. The game warden ticketed the hunter and let my friend and me off with a warning.

WOW! I would of never thought of that.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

He swore he had permission to be where we were. The landowner disagreed. The game warden ticketed the hunter and let my friend and me off with a warning.

Ahhh... the old "trust me, I have permission".

A few years ago -- I was new to hunting and a friend of a friend belonged to a club. He invited me and my friend to hunt with the club on a deer drive during 6-day. I didn't know him from Adam but I figured if my friend would go so would I just to see what this whole "club deer drive" experience is all about. I was told we were going to hunt property no one knows about but was promised it was all legal and we had permission. Well, on one of these "hidden gems", before we finished driving it, the police came, told us to get out because we didn't have permission to be there.

Luckily, we didn't get any tickets - but that will be the LAST time I ever trust anyone when they say, "Trust me, I have permission to be here." If I don't know for sure who owns the land and that I'm allowed to be on it, I won't step foot on it.

Oh, and I haven't been on a deer drive since :)