IGNORED

Question about the Site ??

Rusty

With the number of members now posting, threads don't stay on the top page very long.  Now don't get me wrong, that's a good thing!!!    :up:

Is it possible to increase the number of threads on the top page so that active threads are there longer instead of having to go look for them in the forums?  Just a thought.  

Directly under the njw&w logo on the main page, there is a button for "view new content" that should help for now I think.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Here's anoher question. In the community section, there are boxes on the left. If I remember right, it allows you to see just what is posted in the forums that interest you. I clicked on a box and the quotes disappeared. How do I get it back.

Coincidentally, I was just thinking the same thing!  I increased the Recent Topics to 30 :)

bwd172,

Clicking the quotes next to a forum marks all the topics under that forum as read.

Don't think you can mark them all unread after that.

If you want to customize the forums you want to see you can customize the "Recent Topics" by hitting the gear symbol and then configuring what forums you want to see posts from in "Your" Recent Topics.

You can also subscribe to specific forums and then go into your Profile >> My Settings >> Notifications and customize that you want to be notified when there are posts in your "followed" forums.

There's a lot of customization on this site, so you can tune it any way you'd like, just takes a little poking around and feeling out the options :up:

I have to make the text darker as I am having trouble reading it on my phone.  I am pretty sure I changed the settings in the past so I'm gonna do some playing around until I figure it out again.

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

• 1 month later...

Yes, that's an issue/bug with Tapatalk.  I saw it about a week ago and opened a ticket with them.

They confirmed it's an issue with their software and need to do a release to fix it.

Nothing I can do about that one, has to do with external images being embedded in posts...Tapatalk can't handle it right now with their current version.

Obviously it worked in the past, so something new they introduced broke it.

Yes, that's an issue/bug with Tapatalk.  I saw it about a week ago and opened a ticket with them.

They confirmed it's an issue with their software and need to do a release to fix it.

Nothing I can do about that one, has to do with external images being embedded in posts...Tapatalk can't handle it right now with their current version.

Obviously it worked in the past, so something new they introduced broke it.

Are you passing the buck?  You have a bright future in politics  :rofl:

JK, I've recently been using Tapatalk more and I see that issue here as well.  

I have to make the text darker as I am having trouble reading it on my phone.  I am pretty sure I changed the settings in the past so I'm gonna do some playing around until I figure it out again.

I notice a lot of business websites with grayed out text. Its as if they want you to click or point on those links just to read them. Another way of getting you to think about products they push.