• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Anyone use Grim Reaper Broadheads?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

DBuck

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 08/20/15 - 03:27 PM

I've tried mechanicals in the past but there were things I didn't like or trust about them,like opening up in my quiver and giving me a gash in my hand. I've been researching them and most of the reviews are good. does anyone use them and if so,which model/cut diameter do you use?

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

#2 Male OFFLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Dominant Buck

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,773 posts

Posted 08/20/15 - 07:38 PM

I've never tried mechanicals.  

#3 Male OFFLINE   Lemmy

Lemmy

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 08/21/15 - 08:15 PM

I've used Grim Reapers for the past 6 years and have never had an issue with premature opening, whether in my quiver or in flight.. I'm partial to the 2" White Tail Special because of the massive holes but must admit the the 1 3/8" penetrate better.. Imho, with a high poundage bow you can't go wrong with this broadhead...It's amazing to literally "Watch 'em drop" . Here's a pic of the entry hole using a Grim Reaper WTS..Good luck this season DBuck with whatever you use !

Attached Images

• grim.jpg

#4 Male OFFLINE   BHC

BHC

Dominant Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,406 posts

Posted 08/22/15 - 07:59 AM

Years ago when the RAGE craze was in I used them with great success my bow was at 70lb draw, then I got a new bow maxed out at 60lbs and the RAGE didn't perform well, so I went back to a Muzzy 3 blade 100gr.

I hear only great things about the Grim Reapers, if I went back I would try the Reapers

#5 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

DBuck

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 08/24/15 - 10:09 AM

Thanks guys!

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

#6 Male OFFLINE   NJBEAR

NJBEAR

Fawn

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11/02/15 - 02:03 PM

I use them and they are devastating.. Awesome blood trails and they live up to the hype. I never had much luck with rage's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If guns are outlawed then only outlaws will have guns"

#7 Male OFFLINE   not on the rug

not on the rug

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 11/02/15 - 02:12 PM

Reapers and NAP Spitfires are probably the only mechanicals I would even consider using.  Same design, razor sharp, massive blood trails (which you usually don't even need because they drop within sight).  I used Reapers exclusively for the past 4 seasons and never had an issue.  The razortips are my favorite.  I'm using the NAPs this year and the one doe I shot so far had the same devastating wound.  I'm happy with either one of those choices

Edited by not on the rug, 11/02/15 - 03:13 PM.

"that helpful a**hole"

#8 Male OFFLINE   Shootstraight

Shootstraight

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 11/02/15 - 03:10 PM

Been shooting them for years from the mech to thier fixed heads. They even came out with a hybrid that is nasty and gives you best of both worlds. I cannot say one bad thing about them and they have never opened up in my quiver. I have used a lot of heads and love these the most. Best of luck with whatever head you go with :up:

SS!

#9 Male OFFLINE   MZW

MZW

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 11/02/15 - 03:13 PM

Been shooting them for years from the mech to thier fixed heads. They even came out with a hybrid that is nasty and gives you best of both worlds. I cannot say one bad thing about them and they have never opened up in my quiver. I have used a lot of heads and love these the most. Best of luck with whatever head you go with :up:

SS!

I wish they made that hybrid in deep six. I'd love to try it.
I've had great results with the grave diggers.

#10 Male OFFLINE   George79

George79

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 11/02/15 - 05:38 PM

I use the Reapers and wouldn't use any other mechanical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users