IGNORED

rivercane and fletching glue question

chuprinko

I made some of my first rivercane arrows, and they came out well, but the natural goose fletching just isn't sticking. The rivercane is natural unfinished, and the glue was bohning fletchtite. Sticks ok, but feathers come off after a few shots. Any suggestions??

I made some of my first rivercane arrows' date=' and they came out well, but the natural goose fletching just isn't sticking. The rivercane is natural unfinished, and the glue was bohning fletchtite. Sticks ok, but feathers come off after a few shots. Any suggestions??

[/quote']

Go to primative archery site. A lot of them use river cane. I am thinking duco cement. I use that on cedar arrows.

I made some of my first rivercane arrows' date=' and they came out well, but the natural goose fletching just isn't sticking. The rivercane is natural unfinished, and the glue was bohning fletchtite. Sticks ok, but feathers come off after a few shots. Any suggestions??

[/quote']

Go to primative archery site. A lot of them use river cane. I am thinking duco cement. I use that on cedar arrows.

[/quote']

[/quote']Use fletchtape and spiral deer sinew around the shaft and fletching, it serves both an aesthetic and functional purpose.