• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

This FLU s*cks

21 replies to this topic

#1 Male OFFLINE   hammer4reel

hammer4reel

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 06:56 PM

Very rarely get sick , but this flu hit me like a truck. just talked to a friend and he sounded worse than me.

How long is this thing lasting , for those who had it ?????
coughs are so hard they bring DRY heaves :thumb_down:
Captain Dan Bias
REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING
www.njfishingcharters.net

#2 Male ONLINE   BHC

BHC

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 06:59 PM

Both my kids had it for a few days, cause their doctor got them on the TherFlu prescription, friends of mine had it for nearly a week

#3 OFFLINE   birdshotnj

birdshotnj

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 07:04 PM

It's really gotten out of hand this year like never before. Keep using hand sanitizer and keep your hands away from your face. More often than not, we give ourselves the flu via eyes, nose, and mouth touching. So stop picking your boogers everybody and stay healthy!

#4 OFFLINE   guidotheguide

guidotheguide

Fawn

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 07:22 PM

my grand daughters got it 3yr old really feel sorry for the children who have gotten ill

#5 OFFLINE   Rdfhunter

Rdfhunter

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 07:28 PM

I could take everything but the joint pain. God awful.

#6 OFFLINE   roadkill

roadkill

Fawn

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 07:33 PM

That sucks.............Only time i got the flu is when i got a flu shot.I'll never get one again.Wish you luck getting rid of it.

#7 Male OFFLINE   Matty

Matty

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 07:40 PM

Not sure if I have the flu or not.

I have had thick congestion in my sinuses moving into my chest now. real sore throat, fever and chills...coughing and sneezing like a maniac....and my body aches like no end. Been battling the shiiiii....shiii.....diareah too. (I'm sure you all wanted to know that) lol

I really don't know the difference between the flu, colds, bugs, etc. I'm sick and have been since Wednesday. Hope to feel better soon and hope the same for all of you. I want to get back in the woods.

If you're too busy to hunt....You're too busy!

- Sent from my Alexander Graham Bell Hand Crank Model Mar101876 Phone

#8 Male ONLINE   BHC

BHC

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 07:49 PM

Matty you got the flu

#9 Male OFFLINE   outdrdave

outdrdave

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 07:53 PM

I am fighting my second ear infection in the last 4 weeks and an upper respiratory infection (sinus, fluid in lungs, sore throat), so I feel your pain. Surprisingly getting out and walking feels good.. its the from the car to the cold all day at work that's killing me. Brings on a cough that gives me a headache. On an inhaler, antibiotics and drinking a ton of water/V8.

Get better soon. This has been the worst 6 weeks health wise for me.

#10 Male OFFLINE   Axiom

Axiom

13 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 08:01 PM

"I am fighting my second ear infection in the last 4 weeks and an upper respiratory infection"....

I hear ya.. I've gottin my second bought of the runs and it doesnt seem to want to go away.. Weird. Never had his before..So far i think i've drank about 5 gallons of Pepto Bismal just so i can hunt with out leaveing a scat trail to and from my tree stand.. eeeewwwwa...:vomit:

#11 Male OFFLINE   Stevo

Stevo

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 08:05 PM

Matty go to the doc you have the flu. And stay away from Howell please.

I almost feel guilty, I had a head cold for 3 days. Feel great now.

I got the flu one time and like roadkill it was from the damn flu shot. Never again. (that and I faint when I see a needle)

You guys rest up and get well soon. Matty go to the doctor the flu is serious stuff.
Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

#12 OFFLINE   hunterdan199

hunterdan199

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 08:08 PM

its bad this year i had it round one a week after xmas brutal , then i am just getting over round two that knocked me for a loop last week.

#13 OFFLINE   roadkill

roadkill

Fawn

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 08:18 PM

Man i'm starting to feel sick just reading this posts.I'm sucking down some night quill and hitting the bed.Oh boy i justed coughed and now i'm getting a head achee.I'm getting away from this post before i catch the flu................................

#14 Male OFFLINE   hammer4reel

hammer4reel

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 08:29 PM

Not sure if I have the flu or not.

I have had thick congestion in my sinuses moving into my chest now. real sore throat, fever and chills...coughing and sneezing like a maniac....and my body aches like no end. Been battling the shiiiii....shiii.....diareah too. (I'm sure you all wanted to know that) lol

I really don't know the difference between the flu, colds, bugs, etc. I'm sick and have been since Wednesday. Hope to feel better soon and hope the same for all of you. I want to get back in the woods.

sounds about the same Matty. took some tylonol PM cold , and helped some with the hacking
Captain Dan Bias
REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING
www.njfishingcharters.net

#15 OFFLINE   JRhunt

JRhunt

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 08:51 PM

I had what the Dr said was the Flu for about a week. Then I got a sinus infection and went on antibiotics for 5 days. Then Sat night after feeling great for 3 days the diarrhea and vomiting started . Thought I was gonna die. Felt week on Sunday and today I'm ok. I think the last thing I had was norovirus. Total days sick 21.

#16 OFFLINE   Rdfhunter

Rdfhunter

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 08:54 PM

Right after the flu ran through my work about half of the ppl got the stomach bug. I'm not sure which was worse.

#17 Male OFFLINE   rec913

rec913

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 08:54 PM

wife and I have been sick for over 2 weeks

#18 Male OFFLINE   themadgreek

themadgreek

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 08:56 PM

I was down for a week, my dad 2 weeks since he knows better than the doc
Mr. 300

#19 Male OFFLINE   Matty

Matty

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 02/05/13 - 08:48 AM

Matty go to the doc you have the flu. And stay away from Howell please.

I promise to stay away from Howell. LOL

As for the dr though, I never go. Only if I think I'm actually going to die or I can't duct tape my own body parts back on. lol

I'm doubling up on my vitamins, drinking lots of orange juice *(watered down so it doesn't burn my already raw throat so much)... and resting a little extra, but at the same time not slowing down too much, I find I usually get worse if I just stop pushing with any sickness.

Hammer4reel,
my uncle suggested Mucinex to break up the congestion, he was hit hard by it too. He said that helped. May want to try that as well. I haven't yet, but if it lingers, I will.

Feel better all!:beer:

If you're too busy to hunt....You're too busy!

- Sent from my Alexander Graham Bell Hand Crank Model Mar101876 Phone

#20 Male OFFLINE   Wojtowicza

Wojtowicza

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 02/05/13 - 09:07 AM

i'm just getting over pneumonia. i thought it was the flu at first. i was laid up for like 10 days. still using nebulizer every 6 hours. i have a dr appointment tonight to see how its going. my chest is getting better. its easier to breathe. it kicked the crap out of me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users