IGNORED

Predator hunting tips or tactics?

outdoorsman132

I am going to hit it hard next couple of weeks got the foxpro wildfire 2 the decoy that attaches and a new red led ive called in 2 yotes and 3/4 foxes only went out twice used one mouth call they stayed out of range and the white light would spook them I'm hoping all this new gear draws them in closer any tips or setups thanks

Choot em :elch:

Like any kind of hunting, but especially animals that are sensitive to human scent, (deer, bears, coyotes, etc) play the wind and think about your setup a lot.

Don't just sit down in an open area and call.

Then again, I couldn't kill a coyote if my name was Road Runner....so maybe you should just sit down in an open area with no concern for the wind. I haven't tried that yet. LOL Try "acme" safes and anvils too....

Seriously though, even though I couldn't hit one if my entire gun turned into shot pellets and went towards the animal, my friends and I have called a pretty good number into ranges of 40yds and under, with some at mere feet. Gotta play the wind.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

hanging up at 80-100 yards or so?

start barking or were vocal and go dead quiet?

They probably know you're there by scent.

If it makes you feel any better, it's probably the most difficult animal you can hunt in this state.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

A certain call won't help. It's in the setup.

Whatever you're doing to get them that close is enough to get them all the way in. Just the setup is not quiet right.

Some more encouragement for you:

Know why a box of dead coyote rounds is so expensive? It's a lifetime supply! lol

My friend bronzed the three he put in his gun the past ten years and now he wears them around his neck on a chain as he drinks away the frustrations of coyote hunting at the local bar.