IGNORED

Getting the RAMPAGE arrows ready for turkey time!

Matty

Finally got a chance to put the Black Eagle Rampage arrows to use.  

After I cut them, I ended up using Easton brass HIT inserts instead of the black eagle SS half-outs. It was a toss up, but in the end I trusted the HIT system a little more than outserts. Since they will do time in the hunting quiver, I also changed out the standard nocks for some lighted X nocks and I added tiny reflective strips behind the fletching (not on the arrows yet in the video). 

Haven't had a chance to tune the bow to them yet, but so far I love them. Very easy to get a nice high FOC with the ultralight shafts. Also love the micro-diameter, really helps in the wind. I was shooting up to 50 yards in strong wind and they didn't seem to drift much at all. Wish I could say the same for my bow arm! LOL Shooting in gusting wind can mess with your mind when that pin is being pushed everywhere. Good practice though, lot of windy days in Novemeber too so...

Just a short clip of the new Rampages, hopefully it works. Thanks again to Teds Taxidermy and Bow shop. These are nice! Thanks NJW&W too!

I hope to poke these through at least one gobbler in a few short weeks.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Cool video Matty! Looking deadly with that setup! :up:

I uploaded your video the the NJ Woods & Water YouTube Channel! Easier to view/share on the site! :)

Anyone can upload them, all they need to do is email them in! :up:

Below is an excerpt from the site Q&A forum:

I set up a NJ Woods and Water YouTube channel where users can upload videos directly via email.

Email the video to the following address and it will automatically get uploaded there: 2pfd3b4t83dr@m.youtube.com

Here is the NJ Woods and Water YouTube Channel

Make sure that you’re using one of the following formats:

.MOV

.MPEG4

.MP4

.AVI

.WMV

.MPEGPS

.FLV

.3GPP

.WebM

Thanks guys.

Thanks for fixing it too Matt, that's how I wanted to put it up, but I couldn't remember how. So where do I email videos to have them posted to the NJW&W youtube site? I know I helped Rusty do this a while back, but I can't for the life of me remember how I did it. lol

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

You can just send it as an attachments to 2pfd3b4t83dr@m.youtube.com and it will automatically upload and notify me when it's done.  Then I can post it up here, I need to verify the video before publishing it to avoid any kind of spam videos from being sent there. :up:

I'm on my second dozen Black Eagle Rampage 300 .001 and do not plan on changing anytime soon. They shoot really well with blazer vanes out of my Elite Pure and I tip them with good ole Muzzy 100gr 3 blade heads. My arrows pass through and stick in the ground... when it's not frozen!

Elite Pure...
Bow only, deer hunter

Hey nycredneck, are you using the stainless-steel half-outs from black eagle?

The best Half out for those arrows are made by Firenock. The back taper edge makes the arrow the concentric with the half out and and the impact causes the shaft to have inward direction an not outward... The Half out is best when arrow is squared and chamfered, When you put them on you can feel them lock in..

Comes in Al 22gr, SS 54gr or Titanium 35gr..

Firenock Half out1..png

Only real difference Sotaroas is the gpi is a lot lower on the rampage. Which lets you get a much higher FOC.

I used to shoot heavy shafts, but I became a convert to high FOC a few years back. It's difficult to get high FOC with heavy shafts, the lighter the shaft, the easier it becomes. But I don't blame you for sticking with what works. I'm the same way, I am not easily sold on things until I see a real need.