IGNORED

01/17/15 check in

BowhunterNJ

No, but I sat for 5 hours with the bow yesterday afternoon. It was windy as heck but warmer, 18 degrees. I heard a fox so I barked back at him....had him come by at 15 yards. That was cool. Then just before dark I passed up a small 5 or 6 pointer that walked by me at about 12 yards. At first I thought it was a doe and I got all excited that I'd get to shoot, as it got closer I saw antlers. Damn it! .

Today I have to fix a brake line that popped on my brothers car and change a thermostat on my other brothers truck. Fixing cars in the cold is worse than hunting in the cold, but that's pretty obvious. lol.... I might get out for predators later tonight though.

Good luck Matt and anyone else out there.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Today I have to fix a brake line that popped on my brothers car and change a thermostat on my other brothers truck. Fixing cars in the cold is worse than hunting in the cold, but that's pretty obvious. lol....

I spent a few days this week lying under my '02 Highlander fixing the transmission.  I just can't deal with the cold like i used to now that I'm on a blood thinner, but the good news is truck fixed and no need for a new tranny!  Wooohooo!  And the deer in my woodlot are all over the place today.  I tossed about 4 lbs of black oil sunflower seeds over the fence and they darn near charged me to get to it  :)

Saw my 2.5 year old 5 pointer and I keep thinking about taking him out, but not today. 

Ken let me know what you think of them. I have them too but they didn't do much the times I tried them. The cold of the platform seemed to negate them

I've been putting down a 1/2" to 3/4" piece of foam on the floor of my deer stands in the cold weather to help keep the cold from radiating up through my boots and it helps! 

Well I got one midday. I glassed this deer and somehow missed the buttons. Head on I could not see them, from the side I thought I saw a dark spot, but it didn't jump out at me as a button, definitely barely there.  Turned out to be a fairly large body button, really thought it was a young doe...but in this area, might be better to shoot a buck over a doe anyway.  Certainly won't go to waste, already at the butcher being made into some breakfast sausage, filet medallions, and ground with pork! :up:

BTW, within 5 minutes there was a beautiful grey fox on this deer, ripped it's tail off.  I have video of him cruising around as I was following the blood trail.  Cold weather has them hungry!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421528405.380167.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk