IGNORED

Largest buck you ever seen on trail camera but never harvested

Shootstraight

Pretty sure these two pics are the same buck 1 year apart. It looks like he was shot in 2009 and in 2010 his rack was bigger and not as typical from the injury. He was still alive this season but his racked is significantly smaller and more deformed. We estimated him at 3 or 4 years old in 2009.

CDY_003912.jpg

jacks_zps67808dd7.jpg

Had this buck at 20 yards with only a neck shot so i passed. I was shaking so bad when he was in front of me lol

PICT0346-1_zpsc880c896.jpg

PICT0344-1_zps1a9f4ff5.jpg

Ill try and dig up more pics another time.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

gun-1_zpsa5b2d7e3.png

I hunted this deer for a couple of seasons. I almost killed him twice in 2009.

035_zpsd97c77bc.jpg

This is one of the last pictures I captured of him. He was srtuck and killed by a car in the early morning hours of September 29th.

040_zps58463846.jpg

This guy is still on the hoof and should be a beast next fall.

023_zpsbbed3ff2.jpg

Lots of awesome bucks. Some are just ridiculous! Too bad no one connected with them. Only Tcook got his.:cupcoffee: LOL

Shows two things, truly huge bucks DO live in NJ and they are hard to kill!

Just locating one should be considered a success.

For all of these "one time only" pics, do you think camera caused them to never return?

I think the camera has the potential to scare them, but it's probably more about human pressure/scent. I haven't used cams that often though, so my experience with them is limited to only having a few "mature shooters" on them. Some never cared, some never showed again. I have watched bucks avoid cameras while hunting too. So who knows.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

• 3 years later...