• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

What do you guys think of the new Matthews Bow - No Cam?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Male ONLINE   thefirstndsecond

thefirstndsecond

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 12/29/14 - 09:16 PM

Well, like the title states, what do you guys think of the new matthews no cam HTR?

I have seen a couple videos and it looks nice.

Right now I have my buddies old bowtek tomkat from like 2006. I bought it last year used and haven't used it yet.

I might be in the market for a new bow and really have always wanted a matthews. My first bow was a Jennings, my second was a used Golden Eagle, then a buddy game me a High Country Carbon 4 runner. All nice bows, but I might be looking for something with a little pizzaz.

The Bowtech are nice as well. I have never owned a single cam bow. When I was heavy into archery the single cams were the hot choice and best on the market. Now I am seeing that some dual cams are the best and then Matthews comes out with the no cam.

So, since I am getting back into archery just looking for some direction.

Thanks.

AMGOA -FOAC YEE YEE

#2 Male OFFLINE   NJBowman

NJBowman

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 12/29/14 - 11:31 PM

Revolutionary It is by far the best bow I have ever shot hands down. I cannot wait for mine to come in. I would say go shoot one and bring your checkbook ;)

#3 Male OFFLINE   hunt1940

hunt1940

Fawn

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01/02/15 - 11:34 AM

well.!! i'm a big mathews guy, been shooting my mathews drenalin ld for years , my draw length in 30 1/2 inches...with that being said. i like the idea of the round wheels making it more forgiving etc, but at $1100 there is not a chance in hell i'm paying that price. i think that is rediculous ... only way i would ever consider paying anywhere near close to that for a bow is if some company got smart and started making a bigger axle to axle bow for longer draw length hunters..

#4 Male OFFLINE   NJBowman

NJBowman

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 01/02/15 - 12:09 PM

Base price is $999 for the htr no cam. That is cheaper or right on par with any of the other big name bow manufacturers and a couple upstart companies.

#5 Male OFFLINE   hunt1940

hunt1940

Fawn

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01/02/15 - 01:17 PM

for me ..still wouldnt pay $1000 plus i want a bigger axle to axle and no companies make them any more..except the conquest by mathews but thats a target bow.

#6 Male OFFLINE   BHC

BHC

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 01/02/15 - 02:37 PM

I've been bow hunting for just over 34 yrs., my first bow was a Jennings, then Hoyt for many, many years. I got my first Mathews back in 1997, I was about to purchase another Hoyt at the time but I didn't like the handle, and didn't like the draw. I loved the Mathews (Z-Max) and since then I have owned two others, Switchback XT and my current  Z-7. I'm in the market for a new bow, and I don't really care for the new Mathews, one bow I'm impressed with is: http://www.obsessionbows.com/ and one model I want to handle and shoot is the Delta 6, here is Jeff Dixon's video fine tuning one: https://www.youtube....h?v=wjyooupwSUg

If I like the way this bow handles, I'm buying, the problem is there isn't a dealer in NJ near me that has one in stock at this time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users