IGNORED

[split] FID card for UBNJ hunts and other issues

hammer4reel

Once again there is some misunderstanding that could be cleared up with a phone call to me or the deer management coordinator. The FID card was a cheap and easy way to make sure a guy had no criminal convictions or domestic violence charges. We understand many do not gun hunt and dont have one. We will accept a letter from your local Chief of police or a company called Sagim Morpho will do a background check for a fee. Either of these are acceptable. We have out of state members that hunt in the hunts whose states dont have an fid card.

I did my best to split what was a very "messy" thread.

I suggest if you want to continue the conversation and something was left behind during the split, go copy it and quote it into this thread if it's relevant to this topic.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Dan.... read the post above yours and it should hopefully give you some info and answer your questions in regards to the FPID and UBNJ management hunts.

}}}--I certainly do chase New Jersey's BIG Bucks, BIG Birds, and BIG Fish--->

Best Bow Buck to date; 2011 Gross; 142 6/8
Best Gobbler to date; 2012 NWTF score of 77.5
Best Northern Pike to date; 40" (Passaic River Pike )
Best Muskie to date; (The hunt begins)

AN FID has NOTHING to do with bowhunting in NJ.

Even people who can not gain an FID are allowed to use archery equipment in NJ' date=' as long as it is used for legal purpose.

[/quote']

Technically if you have a conviction against you or any type of domestic violence your not even suppose to own a Bow and Arrow or X-Bow. It was a simple way for us to not go through the hassle of doing back ground checks on individuals as requested by the host of the properties. If you don't have an FID card you can get a letter from your police chief stating that your stand up citizen. We can't take the chance of having someone hunting a host property and something happens to an individual that is not suppose to be in possession of any type of weapon on a hunt and ruin it for everyone else.

Technically if you have a conviction against you or any type of domestic violence your not even suppose to own a Bow and Arrow or X-Bow. It was a simple way for us to not go through the hassle of doing back ground checks on individuals as requested by the host of the properties. If you don't have an FID card you can get a letter from your police chief stating that your stand up citizen. We can't take the chance of having someone hunting a host property and something happens to an individual that is not suppose to be in possession of any type of weapon on a hunt and ruin it for everyone else.

YOU are absolutely WRONG with the above statement, and there is Currently case law in NJ stating you are wrong

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

The FID card was a cheap and easy way to make sure a guy had no criminal convictions or domestic violence charges. We understand many do not gun hunt and dont have one. We will accept a letter from your local Chief of police or a company called Sagim Morpho will do a background check for a fee. Either of these are acceptable. We have out of state members that hunt in the hunts whose states dont have an fid card.

Seems reasonable.

"A Dog, a Gun and Time Enough"....George Bird Evans

i

im not sure about that...but i do understand why the UBNJ is asking for it..im not a member but if i were i would not want to be part of an organization that allows felons in