IGNORED

Favorite Deer hunting Tactic

Maximus

I have to say hunting on the ground with natural cover is my favorite. Challenging on how you approach it and it gives you a different perspective. It also allows you to hunt many more spots where a manufactured blind or tree stand is limiting. There are tImes and places however where you need to be in a tree.

Tree-stand 90%

Stalking 10% ,depending on weather, ground conditions.

Hunting the ground is very rewarding method, and you can learn more about deer than just sitting and waiting from a stand or blind.

NRA Life Member
"From My Cold Dead Hands"                          I'm all for Gun Control...I use both Hands.

But my favorite way to hunt any game is by still/stalk hunting..

x2

I've taken more deer off the ground with a gun but with a bow, I've had more success in a tree. I've used a ground blind but not a big fan of them, when I'm with the kids it just easier but I hate not having the scenery that a treestand offers.

The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness.

YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF - Benjamin Franklin

Treestand seems to be most effective. You can get away with a lot more when you're way up above them. There is a slight feeling of seperation from the animal because of it though.

Groundblind is awesome for winter, especially if you use a heater inside! Hunt like a KING! lol

Ground hunting without a blind can be some of THE most difficult hunting you can do. I've been busted by more big bucks like this than I care to count. It's tough at eye level, super close! But nothing brings that sense of oneness with the woods and animals than this type of hunting, imo.

Stalking is some of the most exciting hunting. It's pro-active, you're making moves, trying to get in range of an animal without spooking them. Crazy stuff. Some of my most heart-pounding hunts have been stalking.

I utilize all of them! They all have a place and can all be fun!

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Treestand most of the time, but I really like sitting on the ground, Something about making use of the best natural cover on a good travel route or food source is exciting. Of course I've never shot anything from the ground, but I imagine it would be exhilarating.

Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness

I use my treestand for most of the bow season and switch to the groundblind once the time changes and i have less daylight to set up, especially on those last minute after work hunts. I have had better success in the treestand though. For gun season, its a combination of the treestand, ground blind and stalking.

"Nothin makes a dad happier than seeing his daughter with a smile on her face and her boyfriend with fear in his eyes" - Willie Robertson