IGNORED

How many members are building AR's?

Stevo

Mine is complete just waiting for scope to arrive. With all the recent drama over the AR platform firearm I found it was pretty easy to find the parts I needed. I didn't get inflated prices but did use upgraded parts.

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

I ordered Leupold weaver style high rings Joe. I am assuming they will fit my flatop and will let you know. http://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/scope-rings-amp-mount-sets/scope-rings/1-high-matte-black-sku526541500-7916-20070.aspx?ttver=1

I bought a Swift 699MA 6-18X44 used from a fella on Saubier for $175.00.

My upper was made by Specialized Dynamics out in Az. They replaced their barrel with a Lija SS 9 twist. Forged upper with a modified feed ramp and a Young Mfg. BCG. It should shoot tacks for me.

I was wondering if you we're doing the tactical style scope setup or more of a long range hunting (woodchuck) setup. Not sure what I am going to put on mine yet. I was thinking something smaller like Luepold VX 3 1.5-5 to serve both purposes.

Get the right tools Ox so you don't mar it all up. Good set of punches and the Armorers tool. The vise blocks are good to have also but I didn't get them. I made a set out of wood. Torgue your buffer tube, I think it's 30. And if you do a barrel install torgue it to 30 then keep going until gas tube lines up. You can go up to 80.

Let me know if you have any problems. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Exspress last night lol.