IGNORED

Finally got back out.

Hetley75

Nice, but I think your crazy doe hunting in the same spot those bucks live. good luck

It's a 200 acre farm. All those buck pics were on the whole other side if farm so I went to the far other side. Never see any big bucks over there just scrubs and does. Never thought he would be over there in a million years. If I would of thought he would be over there I would of stayed home. Only place to hunt so I decided to give it a shot.

Now I need to find a spot for a doe or wait till oct first

DUUUUDE!!!!

BIG BUCK!

That sucks so bad you had to pass him. You need to find a doe only farm. lol

What are you one of those frigging big buck but bad luck guys?  Like if I put you in a spot with nothing but does everywhere, not a single buck ever seen there, you;d have a parade of booners come by? lol Don't worry, my luck is usually similarly awful...(if you want to call it bad luck) 

Good luck!

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Lol. Matty. That seems to be the case. All in all it was awesome seeing him spar with another big one. I can't get that damn thing off my mind. Awesome night thought just to experience it. Any idea age or what he would score. I'm thinking 4 1/2? But I stink at that stuff

Honestly score and age didn't cross my mind. I saw the picture and instantly thought "SHOOTER"....lol

Definitely "mature" as far as I'm concerned (which to me is 3+) I know some people won't consider them mature until 4 or 5, but I'm not good enough to tell much beyond the 2-3 year old jump while I'm hunting. Unless they get really old or I can study pictures, but even then, I'm no expert by any means and I kind of know "my deer around here better than other areas of the state because body size can vary a lot".

That being said, I think you're right, 4, if not older. I'm also thinking around 130" I almost want to say more like 135", but I think I'm going over a bit. But who know's I could be dead wrong. 

All I know is you need a doe ASAP.  Maybe we need to make a trip to see Rusty! lol

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Also we try and only hunt that piece once a week.wich works perfect being I only get one day a week to go. Sad thing is there are other big deer there and if they give me the chance I won't beable to help myself being I never got a big buck.

Edited by Hetley75

Our farm is amazing this year. I am not exaggerating when I say at least 10 shooters. This place was abused over the years… over hunted, dink shot, etc. We took (4) decent bucks off it the last 3 years and let all dinks walk. It seems to be working, each year gets better and better. I think the key is we don't over hunt it. It's gonna be tough to hold out for the big one. Honestly, I will shoot the first shooter that walks in from of me.  It's gonna be a fun year.

Edited by Dubs