IGNORED

BucksandBows Managing Rustys' Deer Population (VIDEO)

Matty

Sorry it took so long to get this uploaded Brian. My video camera records to .MOD files and I couldn't remember how to convert them and what program I used on my old computer. I tried changing the extension to wmv and avi but that left me with only sound. 

Finally I got a new converter.

My computer is extremely slow, so editing took forever as well and it was constantly freezing, so the edit is off in spots, but good enough I think. 

I didn't have video or a picture of the recovery. 

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Unfortunately for Bucksnbows we were already several weeks into the hunt before he got a chance to hunt there and we had already taken a pile of older deer.  There were few older deer left and a whole bunch of skippers running around and since it is a cull hunt he was asked to shoot anything that presented a good shot.  

He made a great shot and the deer dropped right there at the woods edge.   :up:

I remember that deer being too close for me to take the shot at first and I was glad it moved way out to 12 or 15 yards for that shot  :)

Since I was only a month from my open heart surgery, I couldn't stand up for the shot, so I had to rely on the shooting stick.  That limited any steep angled shot for me, so I needed that little BB to move further out.  It is a nice tree :happywave:    

• 3 years later...