• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Garden

28 replies to this topic

#1 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

DBuck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 02/02/13 - 05:05 PM

Anyone start their seedlings yet? I will be starting mine this week, I finally got a couple grow lights so hopefully I do better with seedlings this year. I'm going to attempt to grow the Carolina Reaper,the new hottest pepper in the world,It averaged 1,474,000 Scoville Heat Units. Along with other peppers and different tomatoes. What are you growing this year?
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

#2 Male OFFLINE   Scrubby rack buck

Scrubby rack buck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 02/02/13 - 05:12 PM

What are you growing this year?

Nothing.. between the crappy soil land lack of sun at my house it appears my growing days are done for now...Im bummed

#3 OFFLINE   res3301

res3301

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02/02/13 - 05:17 PM

[ What are you growing this year?
[/quote]
nothing this year. going to wait for you to drop off whatever you grow.
Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish.
-Steven Wright

#4 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

DBuck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 02/02/13 - 06:04 PM

Nothing.. between the crappy soil land lack of sun at my house it appears my growing days are done for now...Im bummed

Try making some mix and do some container growing,you could move containers around.

nothing this year. going to wait for you to drop off whatever you grow.

Oh you know you'll have a garden this year,it'll suck but you'll have one..ha
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

#5 OFFLINE   jay08723

jay08723

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02/02/13 - 06:27 PM

Im not growing anything yet, but ive trimmed the fruit trees and limed the garden. Getting ready...

#6 OFFLINE   ub1243

ub1243

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 02/02/13 - 06:45 PM

i gave up on a garden
too many deer hitting it at night.

guess i should start hunting my land again.

United Bowhunters of New Jersey

New Jersey Fur Harvester
New Jersey Trappers Association
National Trappers Association

#7 Male OFFLINE   billford

billford

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02/02/13 - 08:16 PM

i give away muskrats deer and fish all yr so people give me all the veggies i need.

#8 OFFLINE   res3301

res3301

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02/03/13 - 06:27 PM

We are going to buy a share in a co-op farm this year. Once a week you pick up a box of whatever was harvested. The season is from june to november. you have to pay up front (about $300) that comes out to $50 per month. This will be our 1st time so we will see how it goes.
Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish.
-Steven Wright

#9 OFFLINE   jakesbeard

jakesbeard

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 03:32 PM

Tim will you also be warming the soil that your starting your seeds in?

#10 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

DBuck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 04:54 PM

Tim will you also be warming the soil that your starting your seeds in?

I don't even know what that means

#11 Male OFFLINE   sam3

sam3

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 05:15 PM

We are going to buy a share in a co-op farm this year. Once a week you pick up a box of whatever was harvested. The season is from june to november. you have to pay up front (about $300) that comes out to $50 per month. This will be our 1st time so we will see how it goes.

Is this co-op farm near Blairstown?

#12 Male OFFLINE   Red

Red

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 05:21 PM

I don't even know what that means

http://www.agricultu...x-19.5-17W.html

#13 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

DBuck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 05:31 PM

Thanks Red,I was going to look it up but I had some other things to do first. If that's what he means then no I won't be heating the soil first, I'm not wasting that kind of money on heating mats.

#14 OFFLINE   res3301

res3301

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 05:48 PM

Is this co-op farm near Blairstown?

It's in pennington. honeybrookorganicfarm.com/
-Steven Wright

#15 OFFLINE   Mount247

Mount247

Fawn

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 06:01 PM

Res3301. Honey brook is a great place! My sisters belong and you can't go wrong. I get the leftovers and its a LOT of produce on a good year. Pick your own is always great and fun if you bring along little ones. I usually get a couple of weeks worth of pickups when they're on vacation. Good luck. Karl

#16 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

DBuck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 06:05 PM

That's interesting Mike.. How much do they give you per week? I checked their site but didn't find it too informative.

#17 OFFLINE   res3301

res3301

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 06:11 PM

It's down the road from the wifes job. she did most of the leg work. a few people from her job go there. the farm recomends that 1st timers get a half share. there should be a list of what they grow on the web site.
-Steven Wright

#18 OFFLINE   res3301

res3301

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 06:13 PM

Res3301. Honey brook is a great place! My sisters belong and you can't go wrong. I get the leftovers and its a LOT of produce on a good year. Pick your own is always great and fun if you bring along little ones. I usually get a couple of weeks worth of pickups when they're on vacation. Good luck. Karl

thanks for the info. I was looking for someone who has done this before.
-Steven Wright

#19 OFFLINE   birdshotnj

birdshotnj

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 06:20 PM

I'm going to attempt to grow the Carolina Reaper,the new hottest pepper in the world,It averaged 1,474,000 Scoville Heat Units.

I have a feeling you're going to make a "WHY DID I DO THAT" post in a month or so haha. Best of luck

#20 OFFLINE   Rdfhunter

Rdfhunter

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 08:00 PM

I handled a ghost pepper with gloves on & still couldn't take out my contacts for 4 days. Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users