IGNORED

What's everyone shooting this season?

BowhunterNJ

I'll be shooting my Darton.  I need to get a dozen or so new arrows because mine are getting worn from too much practice (if there is such a thing).

I'll be bringing my 11-87 slug gun and T/C Bone Collector to NH for their deer season, and haven't determined if I want to shoot bear with a muzzy or the 11-87 this year in NJ.  No plans to hunt in NY this year (notice, I only hunt in states with "New" in their name).

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Still shooting my Mathews Z7, I had purchased 70 lb. limbs but my shoulder will not allow it, so sticking with the original 60 lb limbs.

Muzzleloader will be my T/C Triumph

Slug Gun will be my Savage 220f, and I have back ups if needed, Remington 1187 in both 12 & 20ga, H&R Ultra Deluxe in 20ga., Mossberg 500 in 20ga.

First: Barnett Crossbow with a Nikon BDC 60 scope.

Then a Parker compound bow with fiber optic sights.

Then the Rem 870 with a Burris scope, unless I get a Slughunter.

Next, the Traditions Vortek with a Nikon Inline XR.

Finally, the Rem 700 in 30-06: Calvin Elite Timney, Boby Hart Accustock, Vortek scope, machined matched Vortek rings, and a 15moa Night Force rail.  Tack driver at anything inside of 450ya with some Sierra's or Noslers. Of course, the green pastures this kit sees will be so far to the East, they'll be calling it the West when I get there!

Edited by username

I bought a new Bowtech Experience this year. I thought I liked my Bowtech 101st Airborne until I bought this new bow. Can't wait to drop the string on a deer this year.

The Experience is the best shooting bow I've owned... and if you want to make it even better at full draw, install Bomar draw stops. It turns the wall at full draw into a BRICK WALL!!

Nothing new, that's for sure :)

NJ/PA bow: Hoyt Ultra Tec XT2000 that Matty set up for me nearly 4 years ago now.

NY rifle:  probably the Savage model 99 in .358 Winchester with a Leupold fixed 4 power on it

PA rifle:  Winchester model 70 in 7mm Rem. mag. with a variable Leupold on it

NJ shotgun:  Remington 870 Special Purpose (wood stock high cheek comb for sighting through a scope) in 12 ga. with cantilevered barrel and a Nikon variable scope with BDC shooting Hornady SSTs 

Good luck and straight shooting this season!  Especially you guys that shoot Mathews that will need all the help you can get.......

I will most likely only hunt the regular fall bow season.  After I put a couple of does in the freezer I will spend my time filming others.  I will be using the Barnett crossbow that Bucksnbows doesn't remember shooting last year.   :rofl:

For bow I'll be shooting a Tenpoint Stealth SS

Muzzleloader. The main rifle will be a  Cabelas sporterized  Hawken that I customized and put on a slow twist match grade 54 Cal. Green mountain barrel . Also has a set of Davis double set  triggers. With a round ball I can circumcise a gnat at 100 yards with it. May also bring out my Pedersoli Rocky Moutain Hawken with maple stock. That's also a 54 Cal. slow twist barrel and an awesome shooter. If the going gets tough, I'll bring out the T/C Triumph.

Shotgun. I'll be bringing my Stevens side by side shotgun in 12 gauge. Bought the gun when I was a kid back in the late 70's and still in mint condition. This gun will always have a place in my heart :)

Edited by 2Barrel

Hand Turned Pot Calls and All Wood Grunt Tubes.

https://www.facebook.com/KobleCalls

For my upland hunting, I use a Renato Gamba 28 ga. SxS or a Browning Citori 20 ga. O/U with screw in choke tubes.  That's for grouse, woodcock, pheasants, and rabbits.  For turkey, I use a different Remington 870 than my slug 870 with 26" barrel choked extra full turkey.