IGNORED

A little bit about SuperOx

SuperOx

I grew up in Bayonne but spent just about every summer of my youth up in the poconos with my grandmother. The days would be passed wandering around in the woods or fishing in the local lake or the Delaware.

The town was tiny, population of maybe 100, lol ,but all lived off the land and that is where I was first exposed to guns and hunting and I guess, the outdoors in general. I was immediately interested but unfortunately could never find someone to show me the ropes or take me with them (my dad and granddad had both passed)

It wasn't until my early 30's when I finally got out on a drive with a buddy from work and sure enough, got my first ( and to date, only) deer.... Sure, it was a little bitty button buck but I had never heard of QDM before and I had no idea when another chance would present itself. I was stoked and completely hooked.

The problem was, for my size, walking around in the woods was getting increasingly difficult and I figured no deer was worth a heart attack at that point so I haven't been out since.... I continued to expand on a healthy diet of fast food, pizza,soda & beer til I topped out at about 431lbs. And at that point I decided that enough was enough.....

I did a complete 180 on my life... Gave up all soda, bad food and tobacco.... Joined a gym and have shed about 80lbs so far and am anticipating getting back out for the 2013 seasons (God willing, lol)

I have been living vicariously through all of you guys and your hunting experiences and stories and I cannot wait to share some of my own when I get back out there!

Here's a pic with me and my button...

image.jpg

You rock dude. I was 310 in high school (my frame is that of someone near 200)...

My life changed sophomore year of high school, I started a football schedule.

My coach told me "the winner is the loser that keeps on keepin' on" Not that it pertains to you per say, but it slapped my rear end in gear.

congrats on your weight loss, and continue success. Like you most of my life I dealt with a weight problem, then I loss a decent amount of weight, once I got married some weight went back on. I also felt very tired and sluggish a few years ago, with a wife and kids to think of I went for complete check up and blood work, came to find out I had a very under active thyroid for which I have to be on medication for the rest of my life. Almost two years ago I went in for a operation, 2 days later believe it or not I got the chicken poxs, very serious illiness for any adult, and yes I was exposed twice to them as a child and never got it. I was placed in the hospital for the duration of the illness 2 weeks for me, the medication is very strong which caused me to have nearly 90% kidney failure they told me they would do what they can to save my kidneys but it doesn't look good, with the power of prayer and my strength for my wife and kids I pulled out a few weeks later with no after problems, a few weeks later I went for my check up with the kidney doctor he then told me I was near death. I too changed my eating habits, eat lots of fish, veggis, fruit, hardly any beef (ok maybe a meatball) grilled chicken, very little sweets, no soda, lots of water....down from a high of 265 # to today's weight of 160 #. I now walk the hill I hunt without any issues, where as I would be huffing and puffing.

Keep up the great work, not only think of yourself but also those that you love and love you !!!