IGNORED

How many are still hunting deer?

njgunner

Yeah, I took another doe with the bow the other day. Now is when I prefer to do my "doe management", when it's cold and I can stack them up and butcher them later. I'm sick right now, but I'll get out and hopefully take one or two more before the season ends.

I pretty much gave up on bucks now though. There was only ONE I was after this year, I had one chance at him when I called him in to less than 5yds! But he didn't read the script and went around the wrong side of the tree. So big...I finally got turned but by then it was just too thick for a shot, he was out of the only lane I had on that side. Saw him again a couple weeks later or so....SO BIG! LOL....but he was a long ways off.

Passed up every other buck I had chances at, which was actually fewer than most years, but I spent so much time around his core area and it didn't seem many other bucks would go there.....When it's all said and done, I wouldn't have it any other way. Well, I would have shot him I mean....lol....but I wouldn't trade in my tag for any of the other guys, let them grow....Maybe next year.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

I'll be out tomorrrow, but have given up on what was this years "Target Buck"

Last pic of him was from 12/30 and now I've got a few sheds on that cam, so that spot is "closed" as far as I am concerned until next year.

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

I'll be out tomorrrow' date=' but have given up on what was this years "Target Buck"

Last pic of him was from 12/30 and now I've got a few sheds on that cam, so that spot is "closed" as far as I am concerned until next year.

[/quote']

Not next year , just 7 months and the new season will be here

and your buck will be even bigger

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

my area is closed. killed a big doe on january 1, haven't hunted since then.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I'm still hunting.. Accidentally shot a Button Buck yesterday in all that wind... Will probably take 3 more before the season ends. 2 does and 1 buck. trying to decide between a 10 pointer or the 7 i've been seeing.. the 7 looks older with a bigger body but the 10 pointer has a beautiful rack..

:D

Not next year ' date=' just 7 months and the new season will be here

and your buck will be even bigger

[/quote']

I'm counting on it . . .

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member