IGNORED

Long Beards with the bow

Shootstraight

How many plan on taking a long beard with your bow? I have always gone after them first with my compound then the smokepole after taking one with the bow first.

This year gonna try for the first one with my bow but this time my recurve.i am excited since it's a whole new ball game with the recurve as most of you know very well.

So just wanted to see how many will chase the dirty birds with bows?

SS!

Cool WILL !!!!!!!!!!!! told ya last year to give the recurve a try. Its a little tougher especially with a blind because the bows are longer and it limits which window you can shoot out of.

My 64" was almost touching the ground , and the center of the roof at even a hard canted draw.

but shooting a turkey with it with a bullhead was COOL

013.jpg

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Cool WILL !!!!!!!!!!!! told ya last year to give the recurve a try. Its a little tougher especially with a blind because the bows are longer and it limits which window you can shoot out of.

My 64" was almost touching the ground ' date=' and the center of the roof at even a hard canted draw.

but shooting a turkey with it with a bullhead was COOL

[img']http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy12/reelmusic/Turkey%202012/013.jpg[/img]

I remember but just did not feel ready yet. This year I will be and hope to have a pic like yours this spring:thumb_up:

SS!

Haven't turkey hunted much in the last five years or so but the last few times I did go, I used my bow and killed a few longbeards. It was a blast.

Here is a short clip version of what was a 7+ minute video of two hunts. During a computer change-over, I lost alot of the files and had to cobble together this short from just a few clips. Came out okay.

Called the bird in and shot him at 30 yards. Watched him fly 15 yards and go down. You can hear him crash just before the squirrel barks.

[video=youtube]

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

are you chewing gum as you shot

No, it's that bubblegum flavored kisser button. :D

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Great videos -- all of them. I may go out with the bow once the season gets rolling -- not sure if I'm going to take the chance on opening day. Did that last year and that gobbler came from the one location where I could not draw on him. If I had the shotgun, it would have been over in minutes.

I'd love to shoot one with a bow but I don't have anywhere to hunt them right now. I'm hoping to pick up a new hunting spot soon. Just have to get together with the landowner. We both have very busy schedules. Hopefully soon!!!!

Aim Small Miss Small..........No such thing as a bad day spent hunting.