I'm trying to figure out what length bow string I need for an old pearson recurve I got at a yard sale. The handle says amo 60. I've searched online and found some say 3" and other say 4" shorter then AMO. Also should I use D97 or Dacron for the string? It appears that D97 is better. I've always used 60X for my compounds but I'm not sure which string I need from their site www.60xcustomstrings.com/recurve/ thanks for any help I've always wanted to try traditional archery.
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
- Enter contests and win prizes
- Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
- Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
- Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
- Participate in live chat
- Send personal messages to other members.
- Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
Posted 05/06/14 - 05:58 AM
Posted 05/06/14 - 09:48 AM
There's a few guys on here that shoot traditional equipment, so hopefully they'll chime in and give you some feedback on this one!
Posted 05/06/14 - 06:17 PM
Posted 05/06/14 - 08:03 PM
Generally, 4" shorter for dacron b50 strings, 3" for fast flight type materials if your bow can handle more modern strings.
If you aren't sure, it's safer to go with the Dacron.
If you're too busy to hunt....You're too busy!
- Sent from my Alexander Graham Bell Hand Crank Model Mar101876 Phone
Posted 05/07/14 - 05:58 AM
It will be made the correct length for the bow.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users