• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

11 replies to this topic

#1 Male OFFLINE   Just Hunt

Just Hunt

Owner of Ted's Taxidermy & Bow Shop

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 05/01/14 - 07:16 PM

Armotech Vision Pro, Added an 8'' Amber Stokerized.switched over to the TRU BALL The beast hook release.. next is trying to decided on a sling..

Attached Images

• Convixtion bow My bow.jpg
  • My athens bow...jpg

• Like x 5
  • List

#2 Male OFFLINE   BHC

BHC

Dominant Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,407 posts

Posted 05/01/14 - 08:47 PM

enjoy

• Like x 1
  • List

#3 Male OFFLINE   Lemmy

Lemmy

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 05/01/14 - 09:24 PM

Sweet rig , especially with the choice in your sight Just Hunt. I've used Axcel sights from day one.. Odd but true story.. I was hanging out at an archery shop a few weeks ago w my bow and Justin Tuck ( former NYG ) asks me about my Armortech Sight :)   Good luck in the upcoming season !

Edited by Lemmy, 05/01/14 - 09:27 PM.

• Like x 2
  • List

#4 Male OFFLINE   Just Hunt

Just Hunt

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 05/01/14 - 09:38 PM

I had a Viper venom sight before this, didnt like it.. I am surprise how light weight it felt for being a dovetail..

#5 Male OFFLINE   Lemmy

Lemmy

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 05/01/14 - 10:03 PM

They/dovetails  slde in & out.. I use a magnification lens and adjust accordingly...It's all good.

• Like x 1
  • List

#6 Male OFFLINE   BowTechExperience

BowTechExperience

10 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 05/02/14 - 07:04 AM

Nice setup :up: ... Did you decide on your arrows?

• Like x 1
  • List

#7 Male OFFLINE   Hatchet

Hatchet

7 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 05/03/14 - 06:28 AM

Nice set up ! What's the advantages of having a site like that on a bow? I've only ever had one site on mine n that's a vital gear single pin that shorter than the one you have there . 

Edited by Hatchet, 05/03/14 - 06:28 AM.

You add camo to anything, it immediately becomes cool.

#8 Male OFFLINE   Matty

Matty

12 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 05/04/14 - 03:14 PM

A few advantages are:

- Extending the sight plane allows you to make finer adjustments with courser movements. Sighting accuracy is that much greater.

- The further apart your front and rear sight are, the more accurate you are.

- Easier to adjust the sight housing to the peep for a more exact alignment. (kind of same as last one but dealing more with sight picture)

- Shows you when you're torquing more easily.

- Can remove the sight very easily for safe keeping in a case.

Of course there are disadvantages too. The further out your sight, the more pin movement you will see, which can negatively effect some people, not all. Another issue is the gaps between pins has to become larger which can cause some people to run out of room in their housing for all the distances they'd like to shoot. Again, not an issue for everyone and less of an issue as bows become faster and faster.

Finally, you might get hung up in more twigs and bushes with an extended sight, and it might not fit in your case with the sight on. 

I use a dovetail sight on my hunting bow and my target bow, and I like that style, but standard sights are every bit as good for bowhunting.

Edited by Matty, 05/04/14 - 03:23 PM.

• Like x 3
  • List

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

#9 Male OFFLINE   Just Hunt

Just Hunt

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 05/05/14 - 04:02 PM

Nice setup :up: ... Did you decide on your arrows?

I wanted a Micro Dia. Shaft. for sure, I was debating between the Rampage, Deep Impacts and X-IMPACTS.  The deep impact added to much weight for me, I would of probably going with the X-IMPACTS and at some point will I just didnt have them in stock. So I grabbed a doz .003 Rampage 400 spine I had in stock.. I will likely end up reflechting them according to spine, I have to switch to 85 from 100 gr tips cause my FOC is a little off yet.  My bow right now at about 63lb, is getting another 6-8 inch PLUS sometimes blowing through my not shot a lot HIPs Big Game Target.. My bow set at 71lb with GT VOL 350 spine didnt come close to it..  I just want to get shooting..

#10 Male OFFLINE   Just Hunt

Just Hunt

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 05/05/14 - 04:05 PM

And I think Matty hit the nail on the head with the Dovetails..  I shoot it, causes it just looks cool.. :nerd:

#11 Male OFFLINE   Matty

Matty

12 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 05/05/14 - 06:17 PM

By the way, I forgot to mention that's a real sweet rig! :up:  :up:

• Like x 1
  • List

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

#12 Male OFFLINE   TheRodfather

TheRodfather

Fawn

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05/05/14 - 11:27 PM

Nice Stick Shooter. I'm a Bowtech fan myself but shot a PSE for 10 years prior.

• Like x 1
  • List

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bangers, Butchs Gun world, Blackwater sports, Athens Convixtion, Teds Taxidemrmy, Matthews, Hoyt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users