IGNORED

Who is running a trail cam now?

BowTechExperience

Now is the time to put the mineral blocks out, all through spring and into summer.

I like the Whitetail Institute 4-play block, lasts a long time.

I've heard great things about the Trophy Rocks too though!

I'd really like to get a cell camera set up in the next few months!

I'm thinking about putting out a "Trophy Rock" tomorrow and a little bit of corn..

Are you doing this and waiting right there?  Have you ever tried using something strange like Honey Combs?  This is going to sound odd but here in Berlin the deer roll up onto my property so I practically shoot from my house  I took some old boxes of honey combs 5 weeks back and placed around the perimeter of the N. E. corner of my property.  I had a family of these guys combing the grounds looking for those combs.     

Are you doing this and waiting right there?  Have you ever tried using something strange like Honey Combs?  This is going to sound odd but here in Berlin the deer roll up onto my property so I practically shoot from my house  I took some old boxes of honey combs 5 weeks back and placed around the perimeter of the N. E. corner of my property.  I had a family of these guys combing the grounds looking for those combs.     

No.. Typically I will set a cam and leave the area for awhile. I've found that the animals tend to refrain from the area while I'm there.

How does the honey comb hold up in wet weather Cocky?

I put one out last Saturday.

Also I have a question for you guys who supplement horn growth with a mineral lick.. When is the best time to set them out? What do you use?

I have 6 cams out right now. Now is a good time for minerals as antlers are starting to grow already. I have been using trophy rocks this year and a homemade mineral lick.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

I have 6 cams out right now. Now is a good time for minerals as antlers are starting to grow already. I have been using trophy rocks this year and a homemade mineral lick.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info guys..

Good to know...  I'll start my spot tomorrow then for sure.

Damn!!  lol  6 cams out... I'm definitely lagging behind in the cam category....

I never took mine out of the woods.  When I went in to add new batteries a few weeks ago, the ones in it were still working, very low, but still working. I think my bear is back, or at least "A" bear is there . . .

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

No.. Typically I will set a cam and leave the area for awhile. I've found that the animals tend to refrain from the area while I'm there.

How does the honey comb hold up in wet weather Cocky?

Yes, if you are leaving and it's wet out the Honey Combs will get soggy (a sad sight for sure).  I was wondering there if you were in a tree stand close by.  

My neighbor Henry across the way had a weird idea. He bought a box of Honey Combs once and dumped the cereal out of the plastic bag and actually into the box it came in.  He then left the box in a strategic location in his back yard which is a wooded area that at times will get traffic.  He had deer going crazy trying to rip that yellow box open.  They were trying to get at dem Combs like my uncle Vito tries to get into a bag Snyders pretzels.  It's a violent scenario going down.  Henry could even hear the ruckus through an open window and even had enough time to draw.  Henry's actually shot his bow from inside his house or that's why he tried to tell me once (not sure that I believe him as I have reason to not trust him (I know for a fact he's stolen tomatoes from me)).  His house is like a comfy tree stand with internet that smells like fabreeze.  

I have 4 running Ed. I put all my mineral licks and blocks out 3 weeks ago. The bucks are showing growth already I would wait if you are going to get them out. Tractor supply carries a nice mineral by record rack it has berry flavor and the bucks are tearing it up.

Thanks John,

Just found the block you are referring to ... and in stock locally... inexpensive as well. :up:

Edited by BowTechExperience