Welcome to NJ Woods & Water
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
- Enter contests and win prizes
- Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
- Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
- Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
- Participate in live chat
- Send personal messages to other members.
- Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
Posted 04/12/14 - 10:30 AM
Posted 04/13/14 - 03:43 PM
Once the first Saturday for turkey comes they will be scared from being hunted all week....Oh well !!!
Posted 04/14/14 - 07:53 AM
Joe I agree. That area get's hammered by turkey hunters. I used to hunt up there on Saturdays a lot and one thing I noticed was the majority of guys were nothing more than road hunters. They would drive around trying to strike up a gobble from their trucks.
There are actually a good number of birds by the roads there, (at least when I hunted it)....So you don't necessarily have to go deep to find them, but you need to learn to work birds that will be silent.
Roost them, get close in the morning, call and wait. It's not as exciting as bringing in a fired up bird, but those birds up there were notorious for slipping in without making a peep.
The other option is to find the birds off the beaten path.
If you're too busy to hunt....You're too busy!
- Sent from my Alexander Graham Bell Hand Crank Model Mar101876 Phone
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users