IGNORED

Then and Now

outdrdave

I joined NJH in Nov of 2009 and really enjoyed it. Many accepted that I wasn't a "New Jersey Hunter" but a hunter that now lived in NJ. I moved here March of 2008 and it has taken me years to settle in. During that time I enjoyed huntin vicariously through others on NJH. I even joined a few like Ringneck to hunt with them. While I have offered many times over to members to join me on trips back down to MD to hunt or to Illinois to hunt with me, few have taken up my offers.

NJH used to be a place I enjoyed sharing past stories, pictures, recent expeditions, scouting ventures, fishing stories and a number of other things. Through time many would bust my balls for the time I put into shed hunting, out of state hunting or question the origin of my opinions or advise. I grew tired of being judged because I don't hunt much in NJ. I live here and spend my limited time hunting where I think my odds are best. If odds are low, I spend that time with family or friends doing whatever.

There was a time I shot many deer growing up in MD, some years 20-25 deer a year. Those days are behind me.. I go many years not filling tags and only getting out to hunt a dozen or so times and am 100% ok with that. I often find myself obsessed with a particular deer or 'standard' that I do let many deer walk I would have otherwise shot years ago. I don't bust on people for how they enjoy the out doors and expect the same.

My family comes first.

I tell long stories.

I take a lot of pictures.

I love shed hunting.

Illinois is my favorite place to hunt.

The last several years I have gotten obsessed with public land.

Hunting in the NE often boils my blood at times.. 4wheelers, horseback riders, kids, strollers and the like can ruine all the scouting, quiet entry, scent control and tactic put into a quality hunt.

Happy Matt has put this site together. I don't spend a lot of time hunting in NJ but for those interesed, I will share some stuff from time to time.

Awesome Dave. I always enjoyed your posts and look forward to many more

"I am the MacGyver of cooking. If you bring me a piece of bread, cabbage, coconut, mustard greens, pigs feet, pine cones...and a woodpecker, I'll make you a good chicken pot pie." — Si Robertson