IGNORED

How many are done with NJH?

IanB21

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your problem with NJH? real nice thread from you last night.

Are you mad because you were banned several times at NJH?

Go back and read the posts from the mods on this subject,and you'll know what my problem is. I'm glad you enjoyed the post,was just testing out to see if the mods really did stop moderating over there. Not mad at all.. the first time I got banned was pretty much my choice,the second time was because RGSwildlife didn't like my avatar and cried about it,it's not my fault he doesn't like females. Kris is the one that told someone to tell me to register again under a new name.

There are still a lot of good people over there...I dont no what happened to the mods and dont care i will be on both sites for now anyhow...I must say i do like a lot of the changes over here ..THE upland hunting and dog thing should have been done on the other site long ago

The spelling and grammar was half of the entertainment :classic:

Were :rofl: :rofl:

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I belong to a lot of forums, but NJH being close to home became the one I visited most. There is a lot of information there from some very knowledgeable sportsmen. Always something learned and things to discover. The trouble was it become rife with drama and the word sportsman flew out the window. Try as you might to keep it on track, there is always someone throwing f bombs and making the experience less than desirable. It was as if there was a competition to who could be the most crude despite knowing there are women and children who visit the site. I'm not a prude by any means, but that behavior is really uncalled for. If Kris allowed that to go on I'm disappointed in him.

Also,voicing an honest opinion is met with hostility many times by those thinking they arethe smartest guy in the room. Rather than agree to disagree, arguments ensue and people pile on. Make one statement or action that don't fit the mindset of a mob and you know where it ends up. Then again maybe all those Sybil's (multiple personalities) on the site had a lot to do with that.

I'll still visit NJH as I do all the others. Knowing what to expect, of course. The one thing that is constant is change. A lot of forums are not what they used to be. People come and people go for a lot of the reasons and examples we see @ NJH . Those sites with a solid foundation on respect and sticking to the rules will continue to thrive.

I loved NJH in so many ways. It was the first site to really boom and bring everyone together' date=' before that we had nj hunting forums, but nothing like what NJH became. I can honestly say I don't think we'd have this site if it weren't for NJH. Met a lot of great friends over there too and it brought people together for the good many times over.

My ONLY problem (and it's a big one) was that the site was sold, and a new owner NEVER once tried to reach out to the moderators, not even after approximately 5 months had gone by!

We were left with people asking all kinds of questions and we held no answers.

If Kris still owned it and cared about it, I'd still be there! I probably wouldn't even be here and that's no offense to Matt, he's done an excellent job and I actually think this site is laid out a bit better, but I wouldn't want to turn on the original. Then again, we wouldn't have a need for NJFNG if Kris had sold it to Matt as Matt had offered so many times, or if Kris had just kept an interest in it.

However, Kris has sworn up and down that he doesn't own it anymore and it's obvious the new owner doesn't give two poops, with no updates, no acceptance of local advertisers, no contact with the mods/admin, etc. Guys like Sam3, JJoe, MS22 (the list goes on and on and includes lots of regular members as well) put so much time into giving ideas there and taking their time to moderate a site that constantly required heavy moderation beyond what we could provide, these guys didn't deserve to be shunned by a new owner.

So FFFFForget them! The new owner can go pound salt!

But alas, it will always be the original nj hunting forum that brought us all together so in some ways it's very unfortunate but I have to believe it will probably self-destruct in a relatively short period of time.

[/quote']

I have to agree with Matty. I made alot of friends (and one enemy) off that site. It's a damn shame it went in the toilet. The old crew is mostly here and it was a fun bunch!

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt