• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

How many are done with NJH?

157 replies to this topic

#141 Male OFFLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,231 posts

Posted 02/16/13 - 08:07 PM

GhostBear, we have awhile until deer season opens again :)

#142 OFFLINE   Browning 10 GA

Browning 10 GA

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02/16/13 - 09:28 PM

been member there since March 2005 and used to be pretty active there. met some pretty good people overall.used to post pretty regularly and would like to contribute positive info to help others when I could. however, as I have said for some time, the site was going downhill so I very rarely post or get involved much anymore.I didn't even bother to post the last 3 big bucks I killed. too much negative energy, although I still check it out pretty often but not too active anymore.

#143 OFFLINE   Buckrun

Buckrun

• NJW&W Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02/16/13 - 09:34 PM

IF you post a nice buck you get accused of poaching it or photoshopping it. If you post a med to small buck you get blasted for not being patient and not practicing sound management philosophies.

#144 OFFLINE   Browning 10 GA

Browning 10 GA

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02/16/13 - 09:52 PM

IF you post a nice buck you get accused of poaching it or photoshopping it. If you post a med to small buck you get blasted for not being patient and not practicing sound management philosophies.

yeah, what did you shoot THAT for?? might be nice is another year or two...

#145 Male OFFLINE   nycredneck

nycredneck

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 02/16/13 - 09:54 PM

A site is made up of people, people make it what it is, and people make it what it isn't.
Bowtech Commander... Elite Pure...
Bow only, deer hunter.

#146 Male OFFLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,231 posts

Posted 02/16/13 - 09:57 PM

I agree with nycredneck, the users of the site are what make or break it. The goal here is to keep the positive influence that encourages user interaction, not discourages it through the negativity of a few bad seeds. Doesn't take many to turn a whole site sour.

#147 Male OFFLINE   nycredneck

nycredneck

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 02/16/13 - 10:24 PM

You're correct, one person gets negative and then others join in and jump on the bandwagon. Maybe a new personal rule should be if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all. I joined Archerytalked before NJH and learned more about archery in two years than I had on my own in 20 yrs, got a lot of help over there and there are good people on NJH. Just don't join in the bashing, it can still be a good place.
Bowtech Commander... Elite Pure...
Bow only, deer hunter.

#148 Male OFFLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,231 posts

Posted 02/16/13 - 10:32 PM

ArcheryTalk is a great model to follow, and it's a forum I too have been a member on for a long time.

#149 OFFLINE   One Shot One Kill

One Shot One Kill

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02/16/13 - 11:39 PM

Still hanging in there, but slowly coming about and will most likely leave the other web site.:cheers:

#150 Male OFFLINE   TDaly25

TDaly25

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02/17/13 - 01:23 AM

Don't want to start a rumor, but one day I was searching for a old topic and noticed tdaly's avatar was kris' old avatar. This was shortly after it was allegedly sold. I thought for sure he was the new owner and showing it in a subtle, humorous way. But I know you guys are buddies with him so you would know if he was.

Ha ha, Dubs, that's pretty funny :)

not me dude, id have no reason for keeping it quiet and I sure as heck wouldnt have run it into the ground!

Excellence, in anything, never occurs by chance

Achieving perfection is impossible. Striving for perfection makes greatness achievable

#151 Male OFFLINE   TDaly25

TDaly25

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02/17/13 - 01:29 AM

Dubs, no sweat, I'm sure Tom will get a kick out of it if he comes across this thread. :)

Woj, the search engines will have crawled his website and have caching of it, but that's limited lifetime once the site goes down.
And his content is all copyrighted, so I can't even go "get" his content to save it for reference or anything.
It is a shame, there is a lot of great info over there.

Ha ha, just stumbled on it :cool:

Spot on about the old archives of NJH being lost - particularly the old Tommy Threads. Man, we did have some awesome times lol

Achieving perfection is impossible. Striving for perfection makes greatness achievable

#152 Male OFFLINE   TDaly25

TDaly25

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02/17/13 - 01:47 AM

I get misty eyed when I think abut all the guns I purchased over there lol

#153 OFFLINE   Hetley75

Hetley75

7 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 02/17/13 - 12:23 PM

I haven't been over there in about a week or so. Love this site and alot of great guys are back. Guys I learned alot from by reading there posts. I may stumble over there a few times but I like it here alot better.

#154 OFFLINE   IanB21

IanB21

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02/17/13 - 03:19 PM

someone was selling ammo for a ridiculous price there this week. i told him he was a rip off. he proceeded to tell me i was an internet tough guy and wanted my name and address. so i gave him my name, address phone number, dogs name, where i work etc etc and he then tells me to calm down hahhahah that place is a free for all now and i couldnt belive someone bought the ammo he was selling. smh
HVAC Solutions Heating & Cooling https://www.facebook...olutionsforHVAC

#155 Male OFFLINE   RifledSlug

RifledSlug

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 02/17/13 - 06:59 PM

16 pages wow, it might be time to retire this one. I gotta feeling NJH will come close to death but live in a near coma state for awhile before going under.
The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness.
YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF - Benjamin Franklin

#156 Male OFFLINE   makosnax

makosnax

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 02/17/13 - 08:15 PM

Ironic that the most popular thread on here is about the other site.

#157 OFFLINE   bill43

bill43

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 02/17/13 - 08:29 PM

16 pages wow, it might be time to retire this one.

:agree:

I think there has been enough njh bashing here. I happen to still like the site and I'll be there till they turn out the lights. :D

#158 Male OFFLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,231 posts

Posted 02/17/13 - 08:58 PM

Sounds good, we can lock this one up. If someone has some reason they want to add to it, PM me. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users