• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

How many are done with NJH?

157 replies to this topic

#101 Male OFFLINE   Axiom

Axiom

13 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 10:40 PM

"Do you know how many people over there had multiple screen names and would on one and act serious on another"

I'm a pretty easy going guy and there are few things that can be said in cyber space that offends or bothers me much.. But, there is nothing IMO that brings a forum down lower than i poster with multiple screen names.. I HATE THAT!!...:pcwhack:.. I've seen it in other forums. And the worst ones will start a thread then carry on a conversation with themselves.. Freakin weirdos man.. like they have multiple personality syndrom or something..:vomit:

But anyway, i'm not one to support many restrictions. But i have to say i TOTALLY agree with keeping posters to one screen name only..THANK YOU!!!!...:clapping: :hail:

#102 Male OFFLINE   Red

Red

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 11:00 PM

Do you know how many people over there had multiple screen names and would on one and act serious on another.

I thought you had 2 till a few days ago. :think: :D

Anyway, hopefully instead of telling you how much different things can be, we can SHOW you by keeping this site free of the non-sense.

Tks for detailed look behind the scenes.

#103 Male OFFLINE   Tika270

Tika270

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 11:21 PM

That site changed fast . to many guys calling each other out.
I still lurk on their. This site is how that one was.
D-D... Nothing like a warm barrel.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

#104 OFFLINE   SuperOx

SuperOx

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 11:22 PM

Well, this morning I logged in here before either Facebook or NJH so, that's pretty telling right there. I'll probably be phasing it out over the next couple days/weeks..... Most everyone is here now anyway! :thumb_up:

#105 Male OFFLINE   hammer08

hammer08

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 11:36 PM

I first found njh from a Google search on the FID card when I was first applying for one. I've learned a lot from there since I had just started hunting at that time. I've gotten in the habit of checking it everyday, and on my phone a lot when there's downtime at work. However, I joined here yesterday and have been more interested in this site. Its cool to be part of the beginning. I'm enjoying the new site and the ease of personalization. I didn't ever have an avatar or signature over there in the 5 years I was a member lol.
Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness

#106 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

DBuck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 02/02/13 - 01:04 AM

Looks like someone is still moderating over there.. TRAITOR!!!:thumb_down::D

#107 Male OFFLINE   Stratus

Stratus

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 02/02/13 - 01:31 AM

Good to see so many friendly faces over here:thumb_up:

Its sad what happened and I would just like to give a big thanks to all who tried after the "sale".

Any chance we can carry over our post count:rofl:

#108 Male OFFLINE   Red

Red

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 02/02/13 - 07:18 AM

Looks like someone is still moderating over there.. TRAITOR!!!:thumb_down::D

What's your problem with NJH? real nice thread from you last night.
Are you mad because you were banned several times at NJH?

#109 OFFLINE   Cousin Brown

Cousin Brown

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 02/02/13 - 07:35 AM

Well, Here's to a new site!!!:beer:

Hope the spelling & grammar are a lot better so I dont need a new decoder ring!

#110 Male OFFLINE   makosnax

makosnax

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 02/02/13 - 08:03 AM

Well, Here's to a new site!!!:beer:

Hope the spelling & grammar are a lot better so I dont need a new decoder ring!

The spelling and grammar was half of the entertainment :classic:

#111 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

DBuck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 02/02/13 - 03:52 PM

What's your problem with NJH? real nice thread from you last night.
Are you mad because you were banned several times at NJH?

Go back and read the posts from the mods on this subject,and you'll know what my problem is. I'm glad you enjoyed the post,was just testing out to see if the mods really did stop moderating over there. Not mad at all.. the first time I got banned was pretty much my choice,the second time was because RGSwildlife didn't like my avatar and cried about it,it's not my fault he doesn't like females. Kris is the one that told someone to tell me to register again under a new name.
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

#112 OFFLINE   Maximus

Maximus

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02/02/13 - 04:30 PM

I'll visit a bit but will eventually be tuning in here more and more. Sometimes it's tough to leave things behind but sometimes it's just better off, I started by leaving my screen name there;)

#113 Male OFFLINE   makosnax

makosnax

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 02/02/13 - 04:36 PM

Its called rubber necking. You cant not look.:rofl:

#114 OFFLINE   Killshot

Killshot

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02/02/13 - 04:38 PM

^ I'm still rubber necking:popcorn:

#115 OFFLINE   smittty

smittty

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02/02/13 - 04:41 PM

There are still a lot of good people over there...I dont no what happened to the mods and dont care i will be on both sites for now anyhow...I must say i do like a lot of the changes over here ..THE upland hunting and dog thing should have been done on the other site long ago

#116 Male OFFLINE   DV1

DV1

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 02/02/13 - 04:50 PM

The spelling and grammar was half of the entertainment :classic:

Were :rofl: :rofl:
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

#117 OFFLINE   bill43

bill43

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 02/02/13 - 05:26 PM

I noticed the rotating advertising banner is no longer at the top of the njh page?

#118 Male OFFLINE   CJ3a

CJ3a

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 02/02/13 - 05:29 PM

What does those adds generate in revenue per month.
I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.

#119 OFFLINE   _X7

_X7

7 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 02/02/13 - 08:14 PM

I belong to a lot of forums, but NJH being close to home became the one I visited most. There is a lot of information there from some very knowledgeable sportsmen. Always something learned and things to discover. The trouble was it become rife with drama and the word sportsman flew out the window. Try as you might to keep it on track, there is always someone throwing f bombs and making the experience less than desirable. It was as if there was a competition to who could be the most crude despite knowing there are women and children who visit the site. I'm not a prude by any means, but that behavior is really uncalled for. If Kris allowed that to go on I'm disappointed in him.

Also,voicing an honest opinion is met with hostility many times by those thinking they arethe smartest guy in the room. Rather than agree to disagree, arguments ensue and people pile on. Make one statement or action that don't fit the mindset of a mob and you know where it ends up. Then again maybe all those Sybil's (multiple personalities) on the site had a lot to do with that.

I'll still visit NJH as I do all the others. Knowing what to expect, of course. The one thing that is constant is change. A lot of forums are not what they used to be. People come and people go for a lot of the reasons and examples we see @ NJH . Those sites with a solid foundation on respect and sticking to the rules will continue to thrive.

#120 Male OFFLINE   lefteye

lefteye

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 11:24 AM

I loved NJH in so many ways. It was the first site to really boom and bring everyone together, before that we had nj hunting forums, but nothing like what NJH became. I can honestly say I don't think we'd have this site if it weren't for NJH. Met a lot of great friends over there too and it brought people together for the good many times over.

My ONLY problem (and it's a big one) was that the site was sold, and a new owner NEVER once tried to reach out to the moderators, not even after approximately 5 months had gone by!

We were left with people asking all kinds of questions and we held no answers.

If Kris still owned it and cared about it, I'd still be there! I probably wouldn't even be here and that's no offense to Matt, he's done an excellent job and I actually think this site is laid out a bit better, but I wouldn't want to turn on the original. Then again, we wouldn't have a need for NJFNG if Kris had sold it to Matt as Matt had offered so many times, or if Kris had just kept an interest in it.

However, Kris has sworn up and down that he doesn't own it anymore and it's obvious the new owner doesn't give two poops, with no updates, no acceptance of local advertisers, no contact with the mods/admin, etc. Guys like Sam3, JJoe, MS22 (the list goes on and on and includes lots of regular members as well) put so much time into giving ideas there and taking their time to moderate a site that constantly required heavy moderation beyond what we could provide, these guys didn't deserve to be shunned by a new owner.

So FFFFForget them! The new owner can go pound salt!

But alas, it will always be the original nj hunting forum that brought us all together so in some ways it's very unfortunate but I have to believe it will probably self-destruct in a relatively short period of time.

I have to agree with Matty. I made alot of friends (and one enemy) off that site. It's a damn shame it went in the toilet. The old crew is mostly here and it was a fun bunch!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users