IGNORED

How many are done with NJH?

IanB21

Fine' date=' so why didn't you(mods)lay down the law? I know drag hand tied the hands of the mods but since before the sale an mostly after the site has gone down hill.

[/quote']

When the mods don't have the tools and support (of the owner and of the community) to control the forum, it's a neverending fight.

The biggest thing is not having a clear owner there that is taking responsibility. The site is "flat", moderators have limited power and absolutely no power to enhance or otherwise improve the site. It is what it is, nothing more and nothing less...and unfortunately for many users...what it is, is a mess.

And why should mods have an interest in managing a forum that they can't even get in touch with the owner of? That's like you volunteering at an organization, continue volunteering for the benefit of the organization but no one is actively running the organization and the owner doesn't pick up his/her phone or answer his/her email. What's the point of no return before you just give up?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mixed feelings...

On one hand' date=' since 2006 I've been wanting to have the right screen name "Williemo" instead of "Willemo" because NJH won't let you fix it without losing your "Buck Status". So now you know, I've been under an alias for the last 7 years.;)

On the other hand, there is no buck status here...I was...a Monsterbuck...a MONSTERBUCK I tell you! :first:

And now all those years of 1.54 posts per day might be coming to an end :banghead:

Now I am just a guy with 2 posts, no reputation and no one likes me !!:dramaqueen:

It might be a difficult transition...:cupcoffee:

[/quote']

For 2 posts, you have those smilies down pat! :beer: :)

BTW, it's very easy to change a username here! :thumb_up:

Axiom' date=' recognizing that you have a problem is half the battle! lol :rofl:[/quote'] :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's funny how I've spent all of 10 minutes on NJH since signing on to here last night. I think the double posts will go away once this site becomes more habitual. I automatically type in "ne" and the auto fill just does the rest but this afternoon, I remembered to type in njf, and here I am.

No need to mourn for NJH, Kris did what he had to do and we are here because of it.

The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness.

YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF - Benjamin Franklin

mods excuse me while I explain. My former screen name.

everyones infatuated with 69 ya dig??

It was a running joke in my circle of friends that I'd rather "68" and I'll owe-u-1. hence 68Ioweu1.

Ha Ha Ha, I can't believe I never figured that out. Good One !!!

(I liked the old name better)

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

I really like the fresh feeling this site gives off. I like reading all the positive vibes and that the mods here now have the proper tools to help keep this forum from being ruined with post that are to say the least not informative or demeaning to some. It is nice to read and post about hunting and everything that comes with it. It is okay to disagree but not to the point some take it. NJH was an awesome site when I joined in 2006 but in the last year it is sad to see it go down hill. I just want to say thanks to the mods who did try to save it and you guys are here now and hopefully nothing but good things for NJFNG and all who come on here to share in a way of life we love:thumb_up:

SS!