• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

How many are done with NJH?

157 replies to this topic

#81 Male OFFLINE   Gruntmaster

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 04:57 PM

Not completely done, still will pop in to see what's happening.
This site is looking fantastic, with lots of great features and interesting areas to check out.

NRA Life Member
"From My Cold Dead Hands"                          I'm all for Gun Control...I use both Hands.

#82 Male OFFLINE   sam3

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 05:26 PM

Ya summed it up Sam... (Wiping a tear from my eye) :)

I know you get it.
I should have mentioned the trout opener at Stokes too. What a freekin great time that was!

#83 Male OFFLINE   Red

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 05:44 PM

Funny thing was that when I first went on NJH, I had zero intentions of ever posting on the site

I lurked for months, that was the first Forum of any type that I belonged to.

#84 Male OFFLINE   BHC

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 05:52 PM

I see myself slowly going away from it, sure isn't the same as it was in it's infant stage, very enjoyable back then. I was asked if I knew the new owner and I don't know who it is. Wouldn't Kris know the new owner? Paper work must of been sighed

#85 Male OFFLINE   stiks

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 06:05 PM

I won't be done with it until the site is done. just pretty much will lurk around over there

#86 OFFLINE   Pathman

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 06:07 PM

Hey all, just keep in mind, as with any club or organization, it's the people who make it what it is, not necessarily the name. Once more people come over to this site, and they will, you'll feel right at home again!

#87 Male OFFLINE   makosnax

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 06:18 PM

I lurk on njfishing also but if i can get reports here in the future that would be one stop shopping:thumb_up:

#88 Male OFFLINE   hammer4reel

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 06:22 PM

OK so the funniest thing I have seen here so far is there were so many didnt understand Anthony's user name at NJH , and Matt actually having to ask what it meant
Captain Dan Bias

#89 Female OFFLINE   Ms Grit

Ms Grit

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 06:25 PM

OK so the funniest thing I have seen here so far is there were so many didnt understand Anthony's user name at NJH , and Matt actually having to ask what it meant

Well maybe we all don't live in the gutter all the time ;)

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

#90 Male OFFLINE   hammer4reel

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 06:30 PM

HA HA < Im proud to still have those gutter thoughts at my age LOL
Captain Dan Bias

#91 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

• Administrators
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 06:35 PM

Haha, I can't believe I didn't figure that out...

#92 OFFLINE   joedjr

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 06:38 PM

I've been on since 2005 and enjoyed but it may be time for a move.

#93 OFFLINE   bill43

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 06:48 PM

DBuck Wrote: I just hope the political BS gets curbed over here

Atleast curb the tinfoil hat guys. Political discussion is always good but some people are just plain paranoid. :rofl:[/php]

#94 Male OFFLINE   Rusty

14 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 06:54 PM

It's a shame what happened over there. But hey, Matty is here, so all is right with the world again. :)

#95 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 07:11 PM

I seriously can't believe that people didn't get his name(68Ioweu1). I just couldn't figure out why he had it on a site that was 99% male ... Eh,to each their own I guess ..Ha

#96 OFFLINE   jay08723

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 07:19 PM

I guess its an end of an era.. I used to love going on NJH for all the info and clean ribbing, its just gotten way outta hand.

#97 Male OFFLINE   Matty

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 07:29 PM

Fine, so why didn't you(mods)lay down the law? I know drag hand tied the hands of the mods but since before the sale an mostly after the site has gone down hill.

Red, just to give you an idea of what went on behind the scenes over there.

We were made to let stuff slide while Kris was in charge, he wanted nearly everything left alone. I remember at least twice trying to remove something that I thought was damaging to our sport and he actually yelled at me for moving the posts, then moved them back. He liked the controversy and that's what made the site so popular. People love drama. He knew that, and that's why NJH thrived and still is with no leadership or moderation.

After he left, (which we still aren't even 100% certain about, though he swears he doesn't own it, yet the info at the bottom still goes back to his company and address).... we were unsure of what we were supposed to do. We posted several messages trying to get answers from the new owner on how they'd like it run. Never a response. Is it still just Kris and he gave up caring and interacting? Maybe. I wouldn't blame him, he worked hard as hell to get that site up and running and got sick of dealing with it. He expressed that to us numerous times. Him wanting to sell it started off as a joke just a few years in. Then it grew into reality.

Finally, the moderator controls were not quite as easy to use there (though there were a few I prefered)....and we had ZERO help from automation because the entire site was hand scripted by Kris.

Add to that a dwindling number of active mods and an out of control amount of traffic and it was a full time job trying to make a dent for the few guys still actively moderating.

Do you know how many people over there had multiple screen names and would :stirring: on one and act serious on another. We tried to control that, but it was beyond what just a few hands could do. About four of us finally got the ability to start banning the multiple accounts right at the end when Kris went radio silent on us.

So you have to understand, for everything you see us do "out there" on the main pages, we are running around doing 100 other things behind the scenes trying to make decisions and take actions on everything. Trying to resolve conflicts between members, banning spammers, etc.

It's not easy and we receive no pay or perks, and are often criticized; we only do this because we're trying to help. It got to the point where members drove me away from NJH. I didn't want to participate anymore. I would find myself just scanning threads and doing my best to moderate a site that I didn't want to participate in anymore. I mean, I'm no different than you or anyone else on here. I want to enjoy a place where we can talk about hunting, share tips, learn things, share stories, laugh with friends, engage in debate, etc.

Anyway, hopefully instead of telling you how much different things can be, we can SHOW you by keeping this site free of the non-sense.

Matt is trying to give us all the tools necessary to do that, so fingers crossed it'll never become the Wild West here.:kissy:

If you're too busy to hunt....You're too busy!

- Sent from my Alexander Graham Bell Hand Crank Model Mar101876 Phone

#98 OFFLINE   68Ioweu1

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 10:17 PM

Ok its back now!

#99 Male OFFLINE   CJ3a

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 10:27 PM

The prostaff era killed it for me. Should make the prostaff [please don't use that word here -- BowhunterNJ] pay to post on this site. It seems like when money gets involved things get to competative.
I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.

#100 OFFLINE   Williemo

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 10:31 PM

The prostaff era killed it for me.

Damn...I JUST got my ProStaff decoder ring in the mail!:banghead:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users