• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

How many are done with NJH?

157 replies to this topic

#41 Male OFFLINE   Jeff M

Jeff M

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:26 PM

Tim, you don't ever have to preview a post...you can submit it immediately...although, you should probably preview yours just in case! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

#42 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

DBuck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:27 PM

D you are like one of these pistol QB's... we have a moderator just keeping an eye on your every post...Ready to hit that Ban button:D

I feel like a caged tiger..:ballchain:

#43 OFFLINE   Dubs

Dubs

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:31 PM

Don't want to start a rumor, but one day I was searching for a old topic and noticed tdaly's avatar was kris' old avatar. This was shortly after it was allegedly sold. I thought for sure he was the new owner and showing it in a subtle, humorous way. But I know you guys are buddies with him so you would know if he was.

#44 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,216 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:37 PM

I think we would all be shocked if TDaly bought NJH and didn't tell us...that would be rather mindblowing. I think we'd have to beat him with his own canned ham calves! :rofl:

#45 Male OFFLINE   Woodrufflou

Woodrufflou

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:40 PM

I think we would all be shocked if TDaly bought NJH and didn't tell us...that would be rather mindblowing. I think we'd have to beat him with his own canned ham calves! :rofl:

:rofl:

Yea especially since i just got of the phone with him like 20 minutes and we were talking about how nice the new site is and how njh is dying lol. :rofl:

#46 Male OFFLINE   remingtonman1108

remingtonman1108

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:41 PM

I dont think I could ever be done with that site. Been a member there since 2007. I have learned so much and met so many great people over there. Times change and so do places like NJH but I dont think I will ever just plain leave that site. TONS of great information and discussions still going on over there, just less control of the loons and lack of leadership from the site owner.

NJH is like an old pair of hunting boots. You have walked tons of miles and have had some great experiences with them that you will never forget. But sometimes those hunting boots start to fall apart. Then you find a new pair of boots and start to wear them. You go on and have those great experiences all over again but with more support. In the end you never throw away those old hunting boots.

#47 Male OFFLINE   Wojtowicza

Wojtowicza

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:48 PM

what will suck one day is when njh is gone. we lose access to all those great posts. hell, any telefante post is a shame to lose. i've been on NJH since day 2, i was member number 6, so i saw it all from beginning to now. wish we could turn back the clck and start all over again. NJH started when the begining members left hunting.net as soon as Kris started NJH up. building NJH was fun with everyones input. Kris did a great job and i thank him for that.

#48 OFFLINE   Dubs

Dubs

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:49 PM

Again not trying to start rumors but I did see that avatar and thought it was funny and got me thinking.

#49 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,216 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:56 PM

Dubs, no sweat, I'm sure Tom will get a kick out of it if he comes across this thread. :)

Woj, the search engines will have crawled his website and have caching of it, but that's limited lifetime once the site goes down.
And his content is all copyrighted, so I can't even go "get" his content to save it for reference or anything.
It is a shame, there is a lot of great info over there.

#50 Male OFFLINE   Wojtowicza

Wojtowicza

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 02:03 PM

yeah i know Matt. nothing you can do about it. just the way it is.

#51 OFFLINE   hunterdan199

hunterdan199

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 02:37 PM

what pissed me off on njh was the leo bashing 365 days out of the year, it was like it was open season on leo..........

#52 Male OFFLINE   Red

Red

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 02:38 PM

NJH has no leadership. Most of the moderators have given up on trying to control the Wild West

Fine, so why didn't you(mods)lay down the law? I know drag hand tied the hands of the mods but since before the sale an mostly after the site has gone down hill.

#53 Male OFFLINE   Wojtowicza

Wojtowicza

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 02:41 PM

are hands were pretty much tied all the time. Kris didnt like to give up too much power. we tried like hell to keep it going on track but you can only do what you can do.

#54 ONLINE   Williemo

Williemo

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 02:49 PM

I have mixed feelings...

On one hand, since 2006 I've been wanting to have the right screen name "Williemo" instead of "Willemo" because NJH won't let you fix it without losing your "Buck Status". So now you know, I've been under an alias for the last 7 years.;)

On the other hand, there is no buck status here...I was...a Monsterbuck...a MONSTERBUCK I tell you! :first:

And now all those years of 1.54 posts per day might be coming to an end :banghead:

Now I am just a guy with 2 posts, no reputation and no one likes me !!:dramaqueen:

It might be a difficult transition...:cupcoffee:
Posted Image

#55 OFFLINE   Dubs

Dubs

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 02:55 PM

Now I am just a guy with 2 posts, no reputation and no one likes me !

;)

#56 Male OFFLINE   Red

Red

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 02:55 PM

what will suck one day is when njh is gone. we lose access to all those great posts. hell, any telefante post is a shame to lose. i've been on NJH since day 2, i was member number 6, so i saw it all from beginning to now. wish we could turn back the clck and start all over again. NJH started when the begining members left hunting.net as soon as Kris started NJH up. building NJH was fun with everyones input. Kris did a great job and i thank him for that.

Never thought about that, Tom's threads alone is a HUGE loss.:crying:

are hands were pretty much tied all the time. Kris didnt like to give up too much power. we tried like hell to keep it going on track but you can only do what you can do.

Did you guys have mod access after the sale?

Again not trying to start rumors but I did see that avatar and thought it was funny and got me thinking.

He has been MIA the past months???? :popcorn:;)

#57 OFFLINE   Killshot

Killshot

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 03:00 PM

Going on NJH is like when you were in high school and your parents went away. At first it was just a six pack, then after you were comfortable with that, the keggers started.

I look forward to sharing stories with others and learning from them on this site, which, already I am impressed with and excited about.

#58 Male OFFLINE   Bucksnbows

Bucksnbows

13 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 03:03 PM

Funny thing was that when I first went on NJH, I had zero intentions of ever posting on the site. That's why I gave my screen name no thought. I go by Rusty Spinner on fly fishing sites, but I didn't think most would know what that is on a hunting site. All I really wanted to know is if my new deer butcher was a clown (he was and went under quickly). Suddenly I found myself a Monster Buck, lol

#59 Male OFFLINE   Wojtowicza

Wojtowicza

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 03:03 PM

Red, nothing changed after the sale. yes we have mod access but it was just like before the sale. now only difference is Kris is gone. no one to do anything if needed.

#60 OFFLINE   68Ioweu1

68Ioweu1

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 03:07 PM

Funny thing was that when I first went on NJH, I had zero intentions of ever posting on the site

tellme about it. My screen name was 68Ioweu1. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users