• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

How many are done with NJH?

157 replies to this topic

#21 Male OFFLINE   Woodrufflou

Woodrufflou

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 12:43 PM

I agree with you, look how nice this site is. NJH used to be just like this.

However, I have to believe we will also have our disagreements and altercations here as well. Difference will be, how we handle them.

In my eyes there is a fine line between over-censoring and under-censoring. I'm sure situations will arise where the decisions mods or admin make will be questioned by some or many, we can't help that. Personally, I don't want truths to be hidden because they aren't pretty, but at the same time, there is a respectful and tactful way to approach delicate situations.

The members that can do that, will love it here! The members that have no tact and can't exhibit a sense of decorum will not like it here and will not be tolerated for long.

For the time being, we're giving everyone a fresh start, but if some can't change their ways, they won't last.

We hope that everyone will be able to act respectfully though! :thumb_up:

well said Matty :thumb_up:

#22 Male OFFLINE   Axiom

Axiom

13 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 12:46 PM

"Personally, I don't want truths to be hidden because they aren't pretty"...:rock:

"but at the same time, there is a respectful and tactful way to approach delicate situations.".. :headscratch:

"The members that have no tact and can't exhibit a sense of decorum will not like it here and will not be tolerated for long"...:nailbiter:...:bolt:

#23 Male OFFLINE   stiks

stiks

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 12:52 PM

Well said Matty. I am looking forward to see this site growing. I am already glad to see some names that I haven't seen on NJH in a very long time. I am glad to see they are still around. I joined that site around 2005 and hope that many of the members that were around then find their way here.

#24 Male OFFLINE   Matty

Matty

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 12:52 PM

Axiom, recognizing that you have a problem is half the battle! lol :rofl:

I've seen you make some great posts in the past, so hopefully you can control yourself and stick around!:)

If you're too busy to hunt....You're too busy!

- Sent from my Alexander Graham Bell Hand Crank Model Mar101876 Phone

#25 OFFLINE   IanB21

IanB21

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 12:55 PM

Axiom, recognizing that you have a problem is half the battle! lol :rofl:

I've seen you make some great posts in the past, so hopefully you can control yourself and stick around!:)

hahahahah as long as he remembers to take his meds :beer:
HVAC Solutions Heating & Cooling https://www.facebook...olutionsforHVAC

#26 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

DBuck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:01 PM

I'll still be over there raising hell and pissing people off,especially since there's no mods now:stirring:

#27 Male OFFLINE   Scrubby rack buck

Scrubby rack buck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:01 PM

"Personally, I don't want truths to be hidden because they aren't pretty"...:rock:

"but at the same time, there is a respectful and tactful way to approach delicate situations.".. :headscratch:

"The members that have no tact and can't exhibit a sense of decorum will not like it here and will not be tolerated for long"...:nailbiter:...:bolt:

Im done with that site.. I have been, except for the occasional visit to watch the sinking ship, I joined NJH when it was a month old..I met some awesome guys whom i consider life long friends now..It makes me sad what is happening over there..its boiling down to a bunch of chest beaters and guys whos only mission in life is to break others chops.. theres breaking chops and having fun and then there is just being a jerk to be a jerk..the list of pro staffers wannabes over there just blows my mind.. I could go on and on with my rant but.. Im just glad matt started this place, maybe we could at least try and get back to things the way they used to be..

#28 Male OFFLINE   Woodrufflou

Woodrufflou

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:03 PM

Im done with that site.. I have been, except for the occasional visit to watch the sinking ship, I joined NJH when it was a month old..I met some awesome guys whom i consider life long friends now..It makes me sad what is happening over there..its boiling down to a bunch of chest beaters and guys whos only mission in life is to break others chops.. theres breaking chops and having fun and then there is just being a jerk to be a jerk..the list of pro staffers wannabes over there just blows my mind.. I could go on and on with my rant but.. Im just glad matt started this place, maybe we could at least try and get back to things the way they used to be..

awwww i always knew i was your friend. Thanks Pal
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

#29 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

DBuck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:06 PM

I just hope the political BS gets curbed over here

#30 Male OFFLINE   Woodrufflou

Woodrufflou

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:08 PM

It will Timmy, dont you worry. Nice to see you back as the infamous dbuck. We gotta get together soon bro. Get a beer or do some fishing. Maybe head over to chilis for "Margarita Mondays" with or without salt :rofl::rofl:

#31 Male OFFLINE   makosnax

makosnax

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:08 PM

I like.the well roundedness of this site but njh is funny as hell. I am leaning in this direction though.:thumb_up:

#32 Male OFFLINE   sam3

sam3

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:12 PM

Time to chime in.

That site was family to me.
I joined in 2006 and made not only some friends, but lifelong friendships.

It was all about the next Thirsty Thursday get together, fishing on Saturday in the summer, hunting with Woj, MS22 and others in the fall, scouting with Matty & Kris and the endless hysterical interactions we had online that made the work day go by just a little quicker.

I never salt fished in my life. Now I own a boat and fish with really great guys like Scrubby, Matt, Charile, Lou, etc.

I became good friends with Bacs. Next thing I know, I'm flying to Africa with him on an Archery hunt. Soon after that, Missouri for another archery hunt. This past year, Wyoming for a archery speed goat hunt.

Together, we brought awareness of conservation to the hunting & fishing community from the birth of the NJOA. Their very first fundraiser Pig Roast was a huge success thanks to the great people at NJH. I'm proud of what we did and of everyone that was involved with it. Teamwork at it's finest.
We've reached in our pockets, participated in various fishing tournaments and donated money to Tom's scholarship.
We all raised over $3,000 for physically challenged member of our site and bought him a mechanical hydraulic tree stand that would lift his wheelchair up off the ground, after his was stolen.
I was asked and served as a Council member of the UBNJ.
I was able to be a Co-Chair with Pola on the Wounded Warrior hunt at Hudson farms. What a great thing!

Think about that for a minute. NJH wasn't a place I stopped in and said Hi once in a while. My life changed, and for the better I may add.

My frustration with it, is everything that is mentioned above. Walking away is something I never thought I would do. And it didn't have to go that way, but it did. And it was all out of our hands.
I have moved on. Today is a new day and I really enjoying what we have here.

Glad some familiar screen names are here too.

Sam

#33 Male OFFLINE   Woodrufflou

Woodrufflou

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:15 PM

Time to chime in.

It was all about the next Thirsty Thursday get together, fishing on Saturday in the summer, hunting with Woj, MS22 and others in the fall, scouting with Matty & Kris and the endless hysterical interactions we had online that made the work day go by just a little quicker.

I never salt fished in my life. Now I own a boat and fish with really great guys.

I became good friends with Bacs. Next thing I know, I'm flying to Africa with him on an Archery hunt. Soon after that, Missouri for another archery hunt.

Together, we brought awareness of conservation to the hunting & fishing community from the birth of the NJOA. Their very first fundraiser Pig Roast was a huge success thanks to the great people at NJH. I'm proud of what we did and of everyone that was involved with it. Teamwork at it's finest.
We've reached in our pockets, participated in various fishing tournaments and donated money to Tom's scholarship.
We all raised over $3,000 for physically challenged member of our site and bought him a mechanical hydraulic tree stand that would lift his wheelchair up off the ground, after his was stolen.
I was able to be a Co-Chair with Pola on the Wounded Warrior hunt at Hudson farms. What a great thing!

Think about that for a minute. NJH wasn't a place I stopped in and said Hi once in a while. My life changed, and for the better I may add.

My frustration with it, is everything that is mentioned above. Walking away is something I never thought I would do. And it didn't have to go that way, but it did. And it was all out of our hands.

Sam

I swear im not crying, i just got something in both my eyes :rofl::rofl:

Well said Sam!

#34 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

DBuck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:16 PM

It will Timmy, dont you worry. Nice to see you back as the infamous dbuck. We gotta get together soon bro. Get a beer or do some fishing. Maybe head over to chilis for "Margarita Mondays" with or without salt :rofl::rofl:

Definitely Bro. Right now I'm only good on Thursday or Friday nights,let me know I'll travel.

#35 Male OFFLINE   Jeff M

Jeff M

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:20 PM

lets do it i have thursday and fridays off now...swinging into weekends off

#36 Male OFFLINE   DBuck

DBuck

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:21 PM

I was also proud to be banned with the best of them over there.:rock: I'm going to make a post over there to really test out if there's mods or not .Why do we have to preview the post if we want to use the emoticons?

#37 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:23 PM

There is a separate forum for it...I don't mind the political talk as long as it is constructive. It tends to get heated because it's a heavily debated topic, but there is a fine line between expressing your viewpoint and belittling others that don't share it. Users need to know the difference. :thumb_up:

#38 Male OFFLINE   Beaverkill

Beaverkill

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:23 PM

I'll still be over there raising hell and pissing people off,especially since there's no mods now:stirring:

D you are like one of these pistol QB's... we have a moderator just keeping an eye on your every post...Ready to hit that Ban button:D

Daniel Ansbach

#39 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:24 PM

Time to chime in.

I never salt fished in my life. Now I own a boat and fish with really great guys.

I became good friends with Bacs. Next thing I know, I'm flying to Africa with him on an Archery hunt. Soon after that, Missouri for another archery hunt. This past year, Wyoming for a archery speed goat hunt.

Sam

Well said Sam, well said! :thumb_up:

#40 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 01:25 PM

Tim, you don't ever have to preview a post...you can submit it immediately...although, you should probably preview yours just in case! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users