IGNORED

How many are done with NJH?

IanB21

I found NJH in late 2011 and have cruised that site daily since. I have met great people & contacts in fishing, hunting and conservation. I have bought and sold euiptment and even went to a great get together at the Pub. ( would have made the striper tourney too if it weren't from leg surgery)I learned a lot from some of the veterans too. I noticed alot of traffic from there is now here. Alot of people act like it is a traitorous act to come here from there. However as long as both sites can offer positive attributes I will be making use of both. I look forward to seeing this site grow into a great community, and I am very much looking forward to being apart of its success in any way I can contribute. To the owner of this site Thank you for putting forth your time effort and money towards this site. To the Mods thank you also for volunteering your time to make this site successful and an enjoyable enviorment.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was an early member of NJH. It was a great site when it started but it surely went down hill . In the early days there was so much knowledge and good advice out there that one could gather without being attacked or accused of being an idiot or outlaw. Too many people became judge and jury before knowing or not paying attention the facts. Stuff the mods could not keep up with' date=' and not their fault. All things need a leader weather it be a directly involved or behind the scenes. This being the reason I was not posting or very concerned about being on or finding out what has gone on over there. My only hope is that this site stays true to the course everybody's input can be a great thing. I just hope as people post on here they do not get attacked, or convicted by people who think they are detectives. And know it all's

Just my opinions

[/quote']

I agree with you, look how nice this site is. NJH used to be just like this.

However, I have to believe we will also have our disagreements and altercations here as well. Difference will be, how we handle them.

In my eyes there is a fine line between over-censoring and under-censoring. I'm sure situations will arise where the decisions mods or admin make will be questioned by some or many, we can't help that. Personally, I don't want truths to be hidden because they aren't pretty, but at the same time, there is a respectful and tactful way to approach delicate situations.

The members that can do that, will love it here! The members that have no tact and can't exhibit a sense of decorum will not like it here and will not be tolerated for long.

For the time being, we're giving everyone a fresh start, but if some can't change their ways, they won't last.

We hope that everyone will be able to act respectfully though! :thumb_up:

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

I was a member over there since Oct. 2009. ChrisN gave me the link on NJBA. I made many good friends from that sight. Lately every post turns into an argument. Hey I am hardheaded too but if I don't agree I make my point and leave it at that. There are posts in there right now I wouldn't want a youngster to see. And that just isn't right.

I will still stop by there every once in awhile until it totally flops. But I think this is my new home. I know most of you at least internet wise lol. Some I have met. I think you guys have a good idea what a hunting site should be. Just don't forget a spot for the kids. They are the future.

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

I agree with you' date=' look how nice this site is. NJH used to be just like this.

However, I have to believe we will also have our disagreements and altercations here as well. Difference will be, how we handle them.

In my eyes there is a fine line between over-censoring and under-censoring. I'm sure situations will arise where the decisions mods or admin make will be questioned by some or many, we can't help that. Personally, I don't want truths to be hidden because they aren't pretty, but at the same time, there is a respectful and tactful way to approach delicate situations.

The members that can do that, will love it here! The members that have no tact and can't exhibit a sense of decorum will not like it here and will not be tolerated for long.

For the time being, we're giving everyone a fresh start, but if some can't change their ways, they won't last.

We hope that everyone will be able to act respectfully though! :thumb_up:

[/quote']

well said Matty :thumb_up:

"I am the MacGyver of cooking. If you bring me a piece of bread, cabbage, coconut, mustard greens, pigs feet, pine cones...and a woodpecker, I'll make you a good chicken pot pie." — Si Robertson

"Personally, I don't want truths to be hidden because they aren't pretty"...:rock:

"but at the same time, there is a respectful and tactful way to approach delicate situations.".. :headscratch:

"The members that have no tact and can't exhibit a sense of decorum will not like it here and will not be tolerated for long"...:nailbiter:...:bolt:

:D

Well said Matty. I am looking forward to see this site growing. I am already glad to see some names that I haven't seen on NJH in a very long time. I am glad to see they are still around. I joined that site around 2005 and hope that many of the members that were around then find their way here.

Redneck's Pride staffer

Have climber will travel

Axiom, recognizing that you have a problem is half the battle! lol :rofl:

I've seen you make some great posts in the past, so hopefully you can control yourself and stick around!:)

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

"Personally' date=' I don't want truths to be hidden because they aren't pretty"...:rock:

"but at the same time, there is a respectful and tactful way to approach delicate situations.".. :headscratch:

"The members that have no tact and can't exhibit a sense of decorum will not like it here and will not be tolerated for long"...:nailbiter:...:bolt:

[/quote']

Im done with that site.. I have been, except for the occasional visit to watch the sinking ship, I joined NJH when it was a month old..I met some awesome guys whom i consider life long friends now..It makes me sad what is happening over there..its boiling down to a bunch of chest beaters and guys whos only mission in life is to break others chops.. theres breaking chops and having fun and then there is just being a jerk to be a jerk..the list of pro staffers wannabes over there just blows my mind.. I could go on and on with my rant but.. Im just glad matt started this place, maybe we could at least try and get back to things the way they used to be..

Im done with that site.. I have been' date=' except for the occasional visit to watch the sinking ship, I joined NJH when it was a month old..I met some awesome guys whom i consider life long friends now..It makes me sad what is happening over there..its boiling down to a bunch of chest beaters and guys whos only mission in life is to break others chops.. theres breaking chops and having fun and then there is just being a jerk to be a jerk..the list of pro staffers wannabes over there just blows my mind.. I could go on and on with my rant but.. Im just glad matt started this place, maybe we could at least try and get back to things the way they used to be..

[/quote']

awwww i always knew i was your friend. Thanks Pal

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

"I am the MacGyver of cooking. If you bring me a piece of bread, cabbage, coconut, mustard greens, pigs feet, pine cones...and a woodpecker, I'll make you a good chicken pot pie." — Si Robertson

I just hope the political BS gets curbed over here

It will Timmy, dont you worry. Nice to see you back as the infamous dbuck. We gotta get together soon bro. Get a beer or do some fishing. Maybe head over to chilis for "Margarita Mondays" with or without salt :rofl::rofl: