• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

How many are done with NJH?

157 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   IanB21

IanB21

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 11:31 AM

i havent been able to stand the site for the past 6 months. one thing that really irks me is people sellng guns and ammo and ripping off fellow hunters. just saw a post on there for 11 boxes of 5.56 ammo for $300.00. unreal considering i just saw 9.99 a box at cabelas last week, and someone said 8.99 at Dicks. anyway i am done with that Hack of a site
HVAC Solutions Heating & Cooling https://www.facebook...olutionsforHVAC

#2 OFFLINE   Rutting Buck

Rutting Buck

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 11:45 AM

What ruined it in my opinion is the fact that nobody has control over there. It used to be a good site, but it went down the toilet pretty fast

#3 OFFLINE   IanB21

IanB21

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 11:45 AM

it is def a free for all now!!!

#4 OFFLINE   Tony

Tony

• NJW&W Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 11:52 AM

It definitely went downhill. A damn shame because it was such a great resource for nj hunters. Now it's not even kid friendly with some of the stuff posted on there

#5 Male OFFLINE   Matty

Matty

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 11:53 AM

I loved NJH in so many ways. It was the first site to really boom and bring everyone together, before that we had nj hunting forums, but nothing like what NJH became. I can honestly say I don't think we'd have this site if it weren't for NJH. Met a lot of great friends over there too and it brought people together for the good many times over.

My ONLY problem (and it's a big one) was that the site was sold, and a new owner NEVER once tried to reach out to the moderators, not even after approximately 5 months had gone by!

We were left with people asking all kinds of questions and we held no answers.

If Kris still owned it and cared about it, I'd still be there! I probably wouldn't even be here and that's no offense to Matt, he's done an excellent job and I actually think this site is laid out a bit better, but I wouldn't want to turn on the original. Then again, we wouldn't have a need for NJFNG if Kris had sold it to Matt as Matt had offered so many times, or if Kris had just kept an interest in it.

However, Kris has sworn up and down that he doesn't own it anymore and it's obvious the new owner doesn't give two poops, with no updates, no acceptance of local advertisers, no contact with the mods/admin, etc. Guys like Sam3, JJoe, MS22 (the list goes on and on and includes lots of regular members as well) put so much time into giving ideas there and taking their time to moderate a site that constantly required heavy moderation beyond what we could provide, these guys didn't deserve to be shunned by a new owner.

So FFFFForget them! The new owner can go pound salt!

But alas, it will always be the original nj hunting forum that brought us all together so in some ways it's very unfortunate but I have to believe it will probably self-destruct in a relatively short period of time.

If you're too busy to hunt....You're too busy!

- Sent from my Alexander Graham Bell Hand Crank Model Mar101876 Phone

#6 OFFLINE   IanB21

IanB21

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 11:56 AM

I loved NJH in so many ways. It was the first site to really boom and bring everyone together, before that we had nj hunting forums, but nothing like what NJH became. I can honestly say I don't think we'd have this site if it weren't for NJH. Met a lot of great friends over there too and it brought people together for the good many times over.

My ONLY problem (and it's a big one) was that the site was sold, and a new owner NEVER once tried to reach out to the moderators, not even after approximately 5 months had gone by!

We were left with people asking all kinds of questions and we held no answers.

If Kris still owned it and cared about it, I'd still be there! I probably wouldn't even be here and that's no offense to Matt, he's done an excellent job and I actually think this site is laid out a bit better, but I wouldn't want to turn on the original. Then again, we wouldn't have a need for NJFNG if Kris had sold it to Matt as Matt had offered so many times, or if Kris had just kept an interest in it.

However, Kris has sworn up and down that he doesn't own it anymore and it's obvious the new owner doesn't give two poops, with no updates, no acceptance of local advertisers, no contact with the mods/admin, etc. Guys like Sam3, JJoe, MS22 (the list goes on and on and includes lots of regular members as well) put so much time into giving ideas there and taking their time to moderate a site that constantly required heavy moderation beyond what we could provide, these guys didn't deserve to be shunned by a new owner.

So FFFFForget them! The new owner can go pound salt!

But alas, it will always be the original nj hunting forum that brought us all together so in some ways it's very unfortunate but I have to believe it will probably self-destruct in a relatively short period of time.

you hit the nail on the head here. those of you who dont know what it was like when NJH first started, well your finding out now, right here!!! I met alot of good people on NJH and reconnecting with most of you again on here. If you cant come on and have fun and not be criticized then there is no point. Which is why i love this new page

#7 OFFLINE   Slick

Slick

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 12:00 PM

Ammo prices everywhere are absurd. Some people just take advantage of the situation to make more money.

#8 Male OFFLINE   Wojtowicza

Wojtowicza

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 12:04 PM

very good post Matty. you nailed it. Sorry to see NJH go like it is. was a great site with so many of us caring about it and trying to make it better but like Matty said, we had no control to do anything. it sucks but you move on.

#9 Male OFFLINE   Hatchet

Hatchet

7 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 12:07 PM

I still like the old site. As n ol dog trying to learn to bow hunt it helped me a lot .But the anti hunter stuff really got on my nerves!
You add camo to anything, it immediately becomes cool.

#10 Male OFFLINE   Matty

Matty

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 12:12 PM

Woj, another guy that was crucial in making NJH what it was! Cast aside as if he's nothing. The new owner of NJH makes my blood boil. :censored:

#11 Male OFFLINE   Bucksnbows

Bucksnbows

13 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 12:14 PM

I can certainly understand concerns of the moderators on NJH in being abandoned. The main reason I jumped over here and yet remain on NJH is that I see a quick downhill for that site with this one rising out of its ashes. That's a shame, but it was brought on solely by the site's new ownership and not by any other reason. The only trouble I see right now - and I think it will be short term - is the exact same posts on two sites by the same posters. Which one do you weigh in on? Most of us don't have time for both.

BTW, I like the new site and hope it will be very successful moving forward.

#12 Male OFFLINE   stiks

stiks

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 12:16 PM

I was an early member of NJH. It was a great site when it started but it surely went down hill . In the early days there was so much knowledge and good advice out there that one could gather without being attacked or accused of being an idiot or outlaw. Too many people became judge and jury before knowing or not paying attention the facts. Stuff the mods could not keep up with, and not their fault. All things need a leader weather it be a directly involved or behind the scenes. This being the reason I was not posting or very concerned about being on or finding out what has gone on over there. My only hope is that this site stays true to the course everybody's input can be a great thing. I just hope as people post on here they do not get attacked, or convicted by people who think they are detectives. And know it all's
Just my opinions

#13 Male OFFLINE   rossbowhunter

rossbowhunter

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 12:20 PM

I am relatively new to online hunting/fishing sites, but have hunted and fished in many areas with many different people my entire life. I can say that some of the creeps over on NJH are just there to stir up crap, and more than likely havn't had the experiences that I have had with hunting and fishing with elders and people who guided me and taught me right from wrong. I have to stop and think how horrible that must be, to have say such nonsense over and over, it's pretty sad. But I am so grateful that others took it upon themselves and created this one over here. So thank you very much.:cool:

Paul M. Ross

Coldwell Banker Sales Associate

908-943-8842

#14 Male OFFLINE   Matty

Matty

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 12:25 PM

The only trouble I see right now - and I think it will be short term - is the exact same posts on two sites by the same posters. Which one do you weigh in on? Most of us don't have time for both.

BTW, I like the new site and hope it will be very successful moving forward.

Brian my simple answer would be, put your efforts in here if you want to continue the growth forward.

NJH has no leadership. Most of the moderators have given up on trying to control the Wild West, so I have to believe anything you do there is with the understanding that the future is very dark and uncertain.

Here, our future looks bright.

Hope you stay here and share your knowledge with us and maybe learn some things too. :beer: (mines a coke, I don't drink. lol)

#15 Male OFFLINE   Bucksnbows

Bucksnbows

13 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 12:31 PM

Brian my simple answer would be, put your efforts in here if you want to continue the growth forward.

NJH has no leadership. Most of the moderators have given up on trying to control the Wild West, so I have to believe anything you do there is with the understanding that the future is very dark and uncertain.

Here, our future looks bright.

Hope you stay here and share your knowledge with us and maybe learn some things too. :beer: (mines a coke, I don't drink. lol)

You got me, Matty! :kissy:

I enjoy both the learning and the teaching aspects of sites like these. I know I'm not happy unless I'm learning something new every day!

#16 OFFLINE   Cransiear

Cransiear

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 12:32 PM

I found NJH in late 2011 and have cruised that site daily since. I have met great people & contacts in fishing, hunting and conservation. I have bought and sold euiptment and even went to a great get together at the Pub. ( would have made the striper tourney too if it weren't from leg surgery)I learned a lot from some of the veterans too. I noticed alot of traffic from there is now here. Alot of people act like it is a traitorous act to come here from there. However as long as both sites can offer positive attributes I will be making use of both. I look forward to seeing this site grow into a great community, and I am very much looking forward to being apart of its success in any way I can contribute. To the owner of this site Thank you for putting forth your time effort and money towards this site. To the Mods thank you also for volunteering your time to make this site successful and an enjoyable enviorment.

#17 OFFLINE   IanB21

IanB21

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 12:33 PM

it feels good to reconnect with old friends on here!! most of who i met thru NJH and took me hunting and fishing to their spots when i moved to NJ and knew of none!!!

#18 Male OFFLINE   Matty

Matty

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 12:38 PM

I was an early member of NJH. It was a great site when it started but it surely went down hill . In the early days there was so much knowledge and good advice out there that one could gather without being attacked or accused of being an idiot or outlaw. Too many people became judge and jury before knowing or not paying attention the facts. Stuff the mods could not keep up with, and not their fault. All things need a leader weather it be a directly involved or behind the scenes. This being the reason I was not posting or very concerned about being on or finding out what has gone on over there. My only hope is that this site stays true to the course everybody's input can be a great thing. I just hope as people post on here they do not get attacked, or convicted by people who think they are detectives. And know it all's
Just my opinions

I agree with you, look how nice this site is. NJH used to be just like this.

However, I have to believe we will also have our disagreements and altercations here as well. Difference will be, how we handle them.

In my eyes there is a fine line between over-censoring and under-censoring. I'm sure situations will arise where the decisions mods or admin make will be questioned by some or many, we can't help that. Personally, I don't want truths to be hidden because they aren't pretty, but at the same time, there is a respectful and tactful way to approach delicate situations.

The members that can do that, will love it here! The members that have no tact and can't exhibit a sense of decorum will not like it here and will not be tolerated for long.

For the time being, we're giving everyone a fresh start, but if some can't change their ways, they won't last.

We hope that everyone will be able to act respectfully though! :thumb_up:

#19 Male OFFLINE   Stevo

Stevo

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 12:40 PM

I was a member over there since Oct. 2009. ChrisN gave me the link on NJBA. I made many good friends from that sight. Lately every post turns into an argument. Hey I am hardheaded too but if I don't agree I make my point and leave it at that. There are posts in there right now I wouldn't want a youngster to see. And that just isn't right.

I will still stop by there every once in awhile until it totally flops. But I think this is my new home. I know most of you at least internet wise lol. Some I have met. I think you guys have a good idea what a hunting site should be. Just don't forget a spot for the kids. They are the future.
Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

#20 OFFLINE   IanB21

IanB21

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02/01/13 - 12:41 PM

I love your signature Stevo hahahahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users