IGNORED

Older Pictures (my first deer)

Matty

Did your brother hunt too?

Yes everyone of us did even my mom n sister did at one time. It's a tradition that has been passed down from both sides for atleast 3 generations 

Here's my dad's first buck with my mom stand'n . Not sure of the date cause the pic was found long after they passed , just know he killed it on his b-day which was Friday dec13 . 

image.jpg

Edited by Hatchet

You add camo to anything, it immediately becomes cool.

Cool pics guys.  I'll have to dig out some of the albums from when I was a kid that are at my parents house.  

Here is one (sorry i just took a cell phone pic of the pic in the frame) of me with my dad on the left and my grandfather on the right.  The picture was probably taken around 1988 in the former Lebanan State forest.  This picture represents all of my early memories of hunting in my life.  For as long as I can remember every saturday during pheasant season we would wake up and go pheasant or quail hunting with our group of about 10 extended family members.  As soon as muzzeloader season came in we would then go for pheasant in the morning and down the pines for deer in the afternoon.  After the hunt we would always hang out BS'ing around the tailgate like in the picture.

13276401094_5fb6f92b6d.jpg  

Yes everyone of us did even my mom n sister did at one time. It's a tradition that has been passed down from both sides for atleast 3 generations 

Here's my dad's first buck with my mom stand'n . Not sure of the date cause the pic was found long after they passed , just know he killed it on his b-day which was Friday dec13 . 

The year is on this list:  http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Friday_the_13th_calendar_dates_1900-present

Search for December and pick what you think the closest date is.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

The year is on this list:  http://wiki.answers....es_1900-present

Search for December and pick what you think the closest date is.

thanks Haskell ! did a similar search with no luck . I have it narrowed down to a couple  years 1940 or 1946 judging by the looks of the cars in the back  will talk to my aunt to get a better idea.

my pops (left)15 mins.he was also in NJ Outdoor Life I think the same year.

pops15min.jpgpops152.jpgpops153.jpg

Edited by Hatchet

Cool post...Matt...and thanks for getting back to me...lol

I got a text from you, but my phone is such a POS I get too frustrated trying to text back. Piece of turd phone shuts itself off if I hold it wrong or put it in my pocket, etc....I've basically given up using it and I'm not upgrading. I hate phones. Just send smoke signals.

Text was something about I owe you money...You'll have to beat it out of me!

lol

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

BTW a lot of very awesome pictures on the thread. 

Very cool that your whole family hunted Hatchet.

I also think I recognize the gentleman on the right of the cover photo...Pretty sure he was my snare instructor, though his name escapes me. Maybe John....But I remember names like a broken bucket holds water.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Here's my last wild bird hunt with my Dad.  We both limited out on woodcock (NJ) over my late Brittany, Jed.  We hunted deer a few more years together until he passed 8 years ago next month, but this was a memorable day.  That 870 is sitting in my gun safe now along with Dad's and his father's guns which I hope to hand down to my daughter one day.

Dad with Jed circa 2000.jpg

I also think I recognize the gentleman on the right of the cover photo...Pretty sure he was my snare instructor, though his name escapes me. Maybe John....But I remember names like a broken bucket holds water.

his name was Ray from Indian Mills Burlco  z19.

thank for this post Matty ! always liked the ol pics with the tall tails stories lol! I had thought about start'n  an ol pic thread  but I know the other place has one n so I didn't .awesome pics guys :up: