IGNORED

Trout Opener, 2+ Weeks Away, Who's Ready?!?!

BowhunterNJ

Nothing down this way outside Philly.  Some lakes they stock but that's about it as far as I know.

I've never trout fished down here at all.  I grew up stream fishing almost 7 days a week in the spring into early summer.  

Now I'm lucky to get out on the weekends and have to drive an hour and a half north to get there.

Where do you fish in PA?

Nothing down this way outside Philly.  Some lakes they stock but that's about it as far as I know.

I've never trout fished down here at all.  I grew up stream fishing almost 7 days a week in the spring into early summer.  

Now I'm lucky to get out on the weekends and have to drive an hour and a half north to get there.

Where do you fish in PA?

Ill either be in pennypack or up ion Clearfield county...theres a million streams there that are stocked...

Ive fished the pack here as well as tohickon, neshaminy, core creek (ice fishing), levitown lake and wissahickon...

In Clearfield Ive fished a lot of places but only covered a very small portion of whats available

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

Lot of local streams going to be stocked this season do to the disease in hatchery. Streams that normally that do not get stocked because of late season water temps will be stocked!, updated list are available..

Capt. Joe G

Sykk Physh Sportfishing

(732) 239 1404

www.sykkphyshsportfishing.com

www.jpgcharters.com

Opening day is the one day you can guarantee yourself you won't find me trout fishing :shakehead:  :)   

I'll fish a lot between now and the opener in our special regs waters, though.  And guide for that matter.  I have trips Friday and this weekend where my clients will be nearly shoulder to shoulder at Point Mountain TCA, Ken Lockwoood Gorge No-Kill, etc.  Still plenty of snow on the ground, so the water remains a bit up and off color (good) and cold (bad).  Our hatches are at least a week or two behind normal this year, but that can change quickly with a few warmer days.  Have fun out there on the opener; I do know it's a great tradition.  I used to fish the Pequannock in the section now listed as a wild trout stream (WTS) when I was a kid into my teen years.  Then it got to be a drag with all the anglers crowding into the same water, so my buddy and I began bass fishing the lake we grew up on instead and that became our opening day of trout ritual.  We still try to get out on that lake each year on the opener.  Him with a spin and baitcast rod and me with my 7 weight.  

Edited by Bucksnbows

Not sure about this year or not. 

I always buy the All Around, but hold off on the trout stamp until the season get's closer to see if I'm "feeling like trout"....most years I end up buying it and getting out a few times....I do like to eat fresh trout...but I don't take it seriously like most of you. With the section of South Branch that I normally fish going unstocked this year, not sure I will bother. 

I know there are still fish in there, but I probably couldn't catch them....I need the really dumb ones, fresh off a truck. lol

We'll see though...Still on the fence. It is relaxing...

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Not sure about this year or not. 

I always buy the All Around, but hold off on the trout stamp until the season get's closer to see if I'm "feeling like trout"....most years I end up buying it and getting out a few times....I do like to eat fresh trout...but I don't take it seriously like most of you. With the section of South Branch that I normally fish going unstocked this year, not sure I will bother. 

I know there are still fish in there, but I probably couldn't catch them....I need the really dumb ones, fresh off a truck. lol

We'll see though...Still on the fence. It is relaxing...

Matty, I could steer you to a few hundred places on the Musky where you can catch them if you don't want to try for the SBR wild and holdover fish.

Thanks Brian. I do know spots on the Rockaway River, which is being stocked as usual right?

I also have fished a little bit of the Musky....I don't want to take any of your spots though. If I go, I'll have fun exploring new areas...I just had my favorite little spots in SBR....I might try my hand at those spots anyway...just to see if I can catch real fish. lol

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Thanks Brian. I do know spots on the Rockaway River, which is being stocked as usual right?

I also have fished a little bit of the Musky....I don't want to take any of your spots though. If I go, I'll have fun exploring new areas...I just had my favorite little spots in SBR....I might try my hand at those spots anyway...just to see if I can catch real fish. lol

The Musky is 42 miles long, and between public lands and relationships I have with hundreds of landowners, I can fish about 41 of those 42 miles, Matty  :)

• 2 weeks later...