IGNORED

Leg of Lamb in the pit.

I've been wanting to cook a venison hindquarter in my pit. So, I did a little experiment with a leg of lamb.

Here's how it went.

Bought a 5.75 lb LOL, light coating of EVOO and a good dusting of rub.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359716542.832424.jpg

And into the pit

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359716574.735328.jpg

Pulled when we hit an IT of 140.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359716616.329545.jpg

Now let's plate this baby up.

Nice smoke ring and perfectly rare.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359716667.341964.jpg

Served with Lyonnaise potatoes and corn. Excellent!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359716714.652244.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sam, could you post pics of your pit, it looks like a 50 gal drum, and I have one of those laying around, so i wanted to see a pic of it so I can make mine. That looks awesome by the way!:cool::thumb_up::cool:

Paul M. Ross

REALTOR

Coldwell Banker Sales Associate

908-943-8842

PAUL THE PAINTER

INTERIOR PAINTING

HUNTERDON/WARREN COUNTIES

908-943-8842

My wife and I have a tradition of roasting a leg of lamb every new years day, this might be 2014's recipe. I cook to about 160 degrees, more medium rare but still plenty pink. Nice post Sam.

The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness.

YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF - Benjamin Franklin

My wife and I have a tradition of roasting a leg of lamb every new years day' date=' this might be 2014's recipe. I cook to about 160 degrees, more medium rare but still plenty pink. Nice post Sam.

[/quote']

Thanks Bro! I pulled it early knowing the temp would creep up a bit while resting.

It's sooo good when cooked over charcoal!

Probably wont wait til next new years day. My wife and I love lamb and do a big roast a few times a year but surprisingly never did it over charcoal. I do an herb rub of oregano, thyme and a little roesemary with whole garlic cloves buried in throughout the leg and roasted in a pan with some beefstock, potatoes, onions qurtered and carrots. I think once the weather breaks and I can clean up my pit, ones going over coals.

The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness.

YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF - Benjamin Franklin

Probably wont wait til next new years day. My wife and I love lamb and do a big roast a few times a year but surprisingly never did it over charcoal. I do an herb rub of oregano' date=' thyme and a little roesemary with whole garlic cloves buried in throughout the leg and roasted in a pan with some beefstock, potatoes, onions qurtered and carrots. I think once the weather breaks and I can clean up my pit, ones going over coals.

[/quote']

My wife LOVES lamb. I do as well.

We won't be eating Leg of lamb anymore unless it's cooked over charcoal. :beer: