IGNORED

My 2012 Buck (pics)

PV216

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hunted the evening on 11/9 and i had a close encounter with a nice buck but he stayed about 50 yards away. On 11/10 i got in my stand at about 130pm. I had a few small does come in at about 230pm. At about 3pm' date=' several more does came in. About 20 minutes later i see deer running down the small ridge in front of me about 125 yards away. There had to be about 15 to 20 deer running in my direction. I was wondering what was going on. Then i heard someone talking. I looked and saw an elderly man walking his dog and talking on the phone about 100 yards away on the field edge near the ridge. As the deer were running down the ridge, i noticed one rack that i could see at about 100 yards through the trees and brush. I watched all the deer run past me but i didnt see the buck. All i saw was does and small bucks. My heart sank because i thought that dog walker had spooked every deer in the woods for the night. At about 320pm, i see a small lone doe coming at me from the ridge. She made her way to me. I was wondering where that buck went that i saw running down the ridge before. When i scanned the ridge, i saw another deer walking parallel to me about 100 yards out. As he cleared some brush i saw it was the buck i had seen earlier. My heart started pounding. I watched him to see if he would turn and come in but he didnt. He continued toward a field on my right. I took out the truetalker and grunted at him. He stopped and looked in my direction, then he continued away from me. I took out the bleat can and bleated with it followed by a few aggressive grunts. I bleated and grunted again. He stopped and scanned the woods in my direction. He then made a 90 degree turn towards me and started with a slow trot in my direction. The small doe in front of me must have caught his attention after he committed to the calls. At about 60 yards i attached my release and tried my best to calm down. He was coming at me on a string. When he got to 15 yards i drew back. He took a few more steps and stopped slightly quartering towards me. Despite me shaking like a leaf, i settled the pin on him and let it fly. My arrow hit home and the buck mule kicked and took off. He ran 50 yards and fell over. He got back up, took two steps, and fell over for the last time. Theres nothing like the feeling of a successful bowhunt. Heres some pics. I hope you all had a good season.

[img']http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n199/pv216/1129-1.jpg[/img]

1132.jpg

Great buck and story man, congrats:cool:

SS!

Awesome Story!

Beautiful Buck!!!

& even more importantly, Tremendous Duck Dynasty Beard!!!!!

“A free people ought to be armed.†George Washington

“You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.†Admiral Yamamoto

Okay so now that we have made that clear, lets preserve our Country and our Rights.