FPS (ATA): 332
Brace Height: 6 ¾"
Mass Weight: 3.6lbs

for 750-800 $ they have the Spyder

Axle-to-Axle: 30"
FPS (ATA): 330
Brace Height: 6 ¾"
Mass Weight: 3.8lbs

the only real difference is the carbon is .02 lighter n 2' fps faster  oh yea  n the price  :rofl:

Edited by Hatchet

You add camo to anything, it immediately becomes cool.

My Athens Covixtion is 30 ATA, 7 inch brace, 3.8 lbs  height 335+IBO. At 67-68lbs 28.5 inch DL 366 grian arrow I shot about 305fps.. I sen a video of a Chill, Creed and Spydr at very simalar DL at 70lbs if I recal right not breaking 295..  The Spyders from last are dicounted to that when new theyve retailed for a grand off the top of my head. My Athens last year was $799+ a $50 upgrade for carbon dipped limbs.  Really worth trying before grabbing a hoyt or Matthews.. Lots of compnaies are putting out some cool bows.

Athens is a relatively new Boutique type bow maker that has been on the scene for several years now. As Dave said, they do not do heavy advertising, relying on word of mouth mostly and stocked in smaller shops.

That riser looks sweet with all the cut-outs and radiused edges. With that said, I'm a Bowtech guy.  I cannot give up the simple tuning of the OB cam system and split harness for fine tuning to the shooters personal hand torque and lets not forget the flex guard cable guard to reduce shooter's torque even more..  Bottom line is you gotta shoot what turns you on and feel confident with.

I am liking even more that stabilizer setup. Who makes it?

The problem with these smaller bow companies is they do not usually last. They might make a great product but they cannot keep up with the larger companies and when they go out of business you cannot sell the bows for peanuts. Not bashing them by any means it's just the nature of the beast within the archery industry.

• 1 month later...

Convixtion is a work of art IMO... one sweet looking bow and it has the same geometry as the Ibex did, I never shot the Convixtion but I did shoot the Ibex. Bows have come a long way in the last 10 years, almost all vibe/shock free at the shot, quiet and all of the new engineering is in the bows of the smaller/newer bow manufacturers... bow manufacturers like Hoyt, Elite etc. get their limbs from the same limb maufacturers... Athens cuts their own risers and they have a very cool custom shop. I was thinking about getting a Convixtion myself but I have had High Country bows since the early 90's and I am getting updated with the new X-10 Split Limb.

Awesome bow, Dave, sweet set up too. Best of luck with it!