IGNORED

Fall Bow

Just Hunt

• 2 weeks later...

I do miss fall bow.  Although it's not a popular time of year, I love the very early season when it's still warm out.  I think I get so excited by the time it rolls around, it's just nice to get out and enjoy the last bit of summer.  Buckman37 was away in Montana this year, so I hunted by myself quite a bit.  I was lucky enough to harvest a doe. I kinda figured I could always handle it alone, but just haven't really ever had to.  There's something rewarding about loading her the truck, yet at the same time...it was also kind of strange not to be able to experience that moment with someone else. I was holding out for a buck after that, which unfortunately never showed up.  :whatever:  Oh well.  Maybe next time.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to taking the bow out for a turkey this year.  I have not gotten one with a bow yet...that's this year's goal. :)  I know the target's a lot smaller....Good luck to everyone else too!

turkey.jpg

Edited by NJfarmgirl

Having more or less missed my fall bow season last year, I can't wait for this coming season.  I'm going to start shooting my compound again once I get my Blob target back that I loaned a friend.  I've been cleared by the rehab nurses to more or less do anything within reason.  I can't feel a stitch of discomfort in my chest these days and have been increasing weights in the gym routinely.  Looking forward to just putting a few in the target to knock the rust off.  So yes, can't wait until September.   

Lack of huntable land. After trying some state woods for a few years and then hunting a expensively horrible lease the last few I just don't feel like having to fight just to hunt anymore. Its just not worth it. The public land is crammed and private land is just way to hard to find.  I think im going to retire in 10 years and Im moving back to NC Pa and then maybe Ill try it again. The hustle and bustle of trying to hunt around urban areas has worn thin.

Ill still go for Pa's opening week of gun and jerseys 6 day gun up north.

I tournament bass fished for at least 20 years and when it just became to much it was no longer fun you have to walk away.....I sold my bass boat and moved on. Now I just take the bay boat out fluke fishing and relax for the day.

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

The fall means a few things: bow season starts, football season starts, less oppressive heats, and the bugs start dying. Wonderful time of year. 

Oh, Palawman, I understand what it's like to hunt on public lands. There are deer there, but they ain't where you are...ever.  For me it's not a outta e harvest, it's about getting out of the concrete jungle and back into nature. Nothing better than being in my stand and watching the sun rise over the tree-covered hills.  Of course, I usually lean over into one of those golden rays coming through the leaves on the trees to warm my cold ass up. But to me that's what it's all about. Getting a deer is great, but traveling the road to get there is worth it. IMHO. 

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.