IGNORED

Do you retire an arrow after a kill?

Rusty

That's arrow gets used and abused until it can no longer kill properly. The arrow had help from me I figure, So im not retiring after a kill and neither is he!

That's like retiring a hammer after building a deck! :rofl:  

Edited by Palawman30

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

No way, use em until they break or show some other kind of wear that has me concerned about shooting it.

If I can shoot it at a target and hit where I'm aiming, I can shoot it at a deer! :up:

The buck I shot in permit bow broke my arrow...think I probably shot almost 10 deer with that arrow before it broke! :up:

So what your saying is you have been using the same arrow since you were 12?

Listen up you Axiom wannabe. I was about 37 when i got my bow license so I've been bow hunt'n  for 10 yrs. 5 of those yrs were spent learning on my own how to get them close without bait . So I've been using the same arrow for 5 yrs wise arse

You add camo to anything, it immediately becomes cool.

Personally I'm too poor, so I use an arrow as many times as I can.   

Do you retire an arrow after a kill?  

Before carbon arrows, when I shot aluminum, mine almost always bent when I shot an animal, so I used to "retire" them. Really didn't have much of a choice though as straightening them really well was difficult as hell.

Now adays....no way would I retire a usable arrow. Like you, I'm too poor to retire expensive arrows just because they passed through an animal. I actually enjoy seeing how many animals one arrow will kill. For the longest time I had an arrow that killed a lot of animals, but I let a friend shoot the bow and that arrow and he lost it. So sad...

Even when they break, I usually try to salvage as many parts off of them as I can, nocks, inserts, collars, points, broadheads, etc. Whatever is reusable.

Sometimes though I will cut them down as "kids arrows"...for young'uns.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear