IGNORED

Maine Moose Lottery/Bonus Points

BHC

I think it's going to take more than 8 years to get drawn BHC . . .

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

I was looking into doing a bow hunt for moose a bit too since I have family in NH that have hunted and harvested moose. It's not as up there on my list as my elk hunt was, but it still seems cool....After some research I decided I wouldn't bother with any of the lower 48 moose lotteries. If I ever do it, I would save up for an OTC tag in Alaska, or consider going to Newfoundland.

No one knows what the future holds, so I'm not the type that can plan for 8-10 years in advance. My advice...Start saving now and go as soon as you possibly can. Forget Maine...forget NH, just start putting the money aside and go.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

I was looking into doing a bow hunt for moose a bit too since I have family in NH that have hunted and harvested moose. It's not as up there on my list as my elk hunt was, but it still seems cool....After some research I decided I wouldn't bother with any of the lower 48 moose lotteries. If I ever do it, I would save up for an OTC tag in Alaska, or consider going to Newfoundland.

No one knows what the future holds, so I'm not the type that can plan for 8-10 years in advance. My advice...Start saving now and go as soon as you possibly can. Forget Maine...forget NH, just start putting the money aside and go.

You could also just buy 1 chance at  $15 year and go when you get drawn and still save for the Alaska hunt.    It's a really cheap hunt compared to Alaska.  You can DIY for about $1500 or spend $3000 with a guide in Maine.  Looks like you would have a place to stay in NH.  Easy to get the meat home also. 

Edited by Nomad